UKVI online application form

I have been trying to help with the wonderful online application form - the latest version ...

As many of you will know, one of the questions for the Thai applicant is to fill in the previous countries visited , with dates..

Well it appears there are only 10 spaces available, so does that mean to only put in the most recent 10 countries previously visited? Or does it mean choose the most interesting 10 countries previously visited? Is a Thai not expected to have left this great country more than 10 times over a lifetime?

What if the last 10 visits were all Hong Kong? Put Hong Kong once or 10 times?

By the way "Hong Kong" as a former colony of Great Britain, is of course on the drop down list, but apparently Macau is not worth including..... so just ignore visits to Macau...?

Order each country visited by the applicant in inverse chronological order, i.e. most recently visited first and work backwards. It doesn't mean providing a digest of random countries that the applicant has visited.

Read the question again, as it may require the applicant to continue with the list of countries visited in the additional information box or it maybe just countries visited within the last two, five or ten years, for example. Or it might just be the last ten countries visited.

I don't know what visa your friend is applying for so can't give a definitive answer without seeing the application form.

You could always type the question here in its entirety and then the forum can be of more assistance.

Read the question again; you will see that it asks about the last 10 years, not over the applicant's lifetime.

List each visit to each country over that time.

If there is not room, put 'see additional information box' or 'see covering (or sponsor's) letter' and list them there.

Not sure why the drop down box has Hong Kong but not Macao; but if relevant put the details of any trips to Macao in the last 10 years in the additional information box or covering letter as above.

The form is a bit of a pain, but if read through carefully before attempting completion it can be followed fairly easily.

Oh dear... a new form with drop-down tables that probably lists every known country but in all practicality, only about two dozen or so have actually ever been visited by a Thai applicant and are relevant. When will they ever get their heads round that 'less is more' when they redesign these things?

Mrs NL was quite adept at the old visa forms but I can see an evening of mutual <deleted> and blinding for this new bugger.

< e f f i n g is a swear word now? You GOT to be shitting me!>

Edited by NanLaew