Permission To Move Teak Barn/house?

sleepyjohn

hi there...

I've tried doing a search and I'm surprised there's nothing immediately available from that. Perhaps if anyone remembers a thread on this they could point me to it.

I was recently going to "arrange the buying" of a piece of land. I was badly let down. At the time I had asked someone to keep an eye open for a rice barn for me to put on the land. So I now have an excellent barn and no land. I have just been offered another barn and a wooden house too.

Does anyone know the rules about transporting to another jangwat as I just may like to move them to Pai. A friend told me all I need is a letter form the Pooyay, and I'm told that's available, but I'd be surprised if it's that easy.

What does the letter need to say? Does anyone else need to get involved?

thanx in advance for any help at all

SJ

If you have purchased the barn you can simply dismantle it and

take it where you will.

Not quite right, transporting wood without any paper work is illegal and you will get stoped by every police check point on the way.

For fresh cut wood it has to be registered with the forestry commision first and you get the paperwork from them when you cut it. For "second hand wood" probaly the poo yai ban, or the local ampour office would be the best place to start.

Failing that stick to the back roads when you move it, make sure its covered and have plenty of cash on you :o

If you have purchased the barn you can simply dismantle it and

take it where you will.

Not quite right, transporting wood without any paper work is illegal and you will get stoped by every police check point on the way.

For fresh cut wood it has to be registered with the forestry commision first and you get the paperwork from them when you cut it. For "second hand wood" probaly the poo yai ban, or the local ampour office would be the best place to start.

Failing that stick to the back roads when you move it, make sure its covered and have plenty of cash on you :o

This is excellent advice. Some further discussion of this matter at

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?au...blogid=396&

hi there...

I've tried doing a search and I'm surprised there's nothing immediately available from that. Perhaps if anyone remembers a thread on this they could point me to it.

I was recently going to "arrange the buying" of a piece of land. I was badly let down. At the time I had asked someone to keep an eye open for a rice barn for me to put on the land. So I now have an excellent barn and no land. I have just been offered another barn and a wooden house too.

Does anyone know the rules about transporting to another jangwat as I just may like to move them to Pai. A friend told me all I need is a letter form the Pooyay, and I'm told that's available, but I'd be surprised if it's that easy.

What does the letter need to say? Does anyone else need to get involved?

thanx in advance for any help at all

SJ

i was looking for a wooden house.can you recomend me a supplier of wood?

Thankyou all for your replies.

If anyone knows anything more shall we say definite or detailed about this I'd love to hear it. I'm glad I have the barn, but have a yen to buy more teak if the conditions of movement are not too onerous. It might be hard to find unmanned backroads to Pai that's for sure, and I've decided I won't be giving money to cops or anyone else in Thailand except in the direst emergency. Stuff that, I worked hard for my money.

So if anyone knows the letter of the law or something near it that would be a good starting point.

cheers SJ

ps: sorry can't give you my contact for wood it's a friend.

Up in the hills in the western part of Chiangrai province the people who poach logs from the forest quickly cut it up into boards and then quickly nail it loosely together into a structure......then if you know someone who can direct you to these people they will quote you a price for the structure....this is a way for them to sell illegal wood...they sell it as used lumber. They only use small nails so its really easy to "demolish" the structure to "salvage" the wood. Buying wood from these people is a good way to help clear the mountains of all those pesky trees that hold the soil in place thus preventing those glorious rivers of mud from appearing after a heavy rain.