2c2p Payment Gateway Issues

In trying to make an online payment through this gateway with an Australian credit card, I get a pop up to send a OTP to verify the transaction and the OTP never arrives.....

This is specific to 3rd party notifications, not the bank itself, where I receive OTPs without issue to the same number. The bank has no record of the attempted purchase, further suggesting it's at 2c2ps end.

I have spoken with my phone provider and there are no blocked SMSs directed to my number....

Has anyone from experience, had the same problem, followed by a solution? (please no theoretical solutions, I think I've heard them all) The issuing bank have triple checked everything at their end and the card does work, 2c2p just sent me a copy and pasted message that's been around for years, suggesting it's a bank problem........

Cheers

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, JWNZ said:

In trying to make an online payment through this gateway with an Australian credit card, I get a pop up to send a OTP to verify the transaction and the OTP never arrives.....

This is specific to 3rd party notifications, not the bank itself, where I receive OTPs without issue to the same number. The bank has no record of the attempted purchase, further suggesting it's at 2c2ps end.

I have spoken with my phone provider and there are no blocked SMSs directed to my number....

Has anyone from experience, had the same problem, followed by a solution? (please no theoretical solutions, I think I've heard them all) The issuing bank have triple checked everything at their end and the card does work, 2c2p just sent me a copy and pasted message that's been around for years, suggesting it's a bank problem........

Cheers

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago. 

The first and obvious question, do you have a few bars of service? 

Is it an Australian phone number that the SMS should be sent to?  If so, send your Aussie number a SMS from your Thai phone.  Use +61 and leave out the "0" (zero) on your Aussie number.

If an Aussie number, did you switch on roaming? 

If no texts are coming through, it may be the APN settings in the phone. 

I had to ring my telco back in Australia and they reset things at their end and it still didn't work.  I then spoke to someone in the tech section and added the latest / correct APN settings, restarted the phone, and I could start receiving SMS's whilst roaming in Thailand.

One of the above may be your problem. 

Sorry.  Just read your post again and see that texts are coming through.  Sometimes I get a text a couple of hours later.  It could be network congestion in the sending country or Thailand. 

Edited by KhunHeineken

I made a payment 2 days ago via 2c2p.  My card is registered in Google so my bank get's a nudge from them before the actual payment request is made by 2c2p.  The OTP message comes from the card, but maybe the Google nudge kind of wakes up the system?  I get 3 alternative OTP choices from my Wise card, I always use the app rather than SMS but I guess you only have one choice with your card.  Might be worth adding it to Google?

7 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I made a payment 2 days ago via 2c2p.  My card is registered in Google so my bank get's a nudge from them before the actual payment request is made by 2c2p.  The OTP message comes from the card, but maybe the Google nudge kind of wakes up the system?  I get 3 alternative OTP choices from my Wise card, I always use the app rather than SMS but I guess you only have one choice with your card.  Might be worth adding it to Google?

I don't want to attach the card to another wallet or payment system but thanks for your suggested work around.
The current issue involves a small purchase, which if I can't use the credit card, I'll use a debit card or pay with Prompt pay QR.
I still believe the issue is with 2c2ps system, as it appears they aren't generating a OTP. Also read on Tripadvisor, some similar comments from others, yet to see a direct solution...........

1 hour ago, JWNZ said:

The current issue involves a small purchase, which if I can't use the credit card, I'll use a debit card or pay with Prompt pay QR.
I still believe the issue is with 2c2ps system, as it appears they aren't generating a OTP. Also read on Tripadvisor, some similar comments from others, yet to see a direct solution...........

I has a similar issue with Thai Airways recently. I think they use the 2c2ps system too. Tried to book tickets and went throught the 3DS verification using the credit card company app. Verification successful on the app but the transaction came back as "declined" from the processor. Tried again, same happened. Then used a different credit card, did the verification via SMS (different cards use different methods of 2FA) and all was fine and confirmed. The declined transactions to Thai Airways showed on my credit card app as "pending" for about a week and then disappeared. This puts a block on the available balance for that time. I would never use a debit card for that and other reasons.