Canadian Protests Against Thailand Kfc

sriracha john

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canadian activist Ashley Fruno, 20, crouches and confines herself in a cage in front of a KFC outlet in downtown Bangkok September 4, 2006.

r1456180630.jpg

Mmmmm........Yum..... You say how much for her?

Ok......I'll take two of those to go, please..... :o

:D

Yeah...make that an order of thighs, legs and breasts...original recipe white meat please

You gotta love the little farang girls when they are 20, naive and still think the world works in gentle ways. Kinda like the innocent child that still believes in Santa Claus. Fortunately, for most, this nonsense will disipate by the time they are 30 and have been beaten down a bit by the reality of lifes politics
I thought the world would've been a much better place if there were more people like her rather than the other way round. No?

I'm all for protesting for whatever one believes in... but as I understand it, PETA isn't necessarily against the fact that KFC slaughters millions of chickens world-wide. Does anyone know what humane manner PETA is advocating to kill chickens as that is what they ARE protesting for? I'm presuming we can rule out old age or starvation.

You can visit their website. :o

You gotta love the little farang girls when they are 20, naive and still think the world works in gentle ways. Kinda like the innocent child that still believes in Santa Claus. Fortunately, for most, this nonsense will disipate by the time they are 30 and have been beaten down a bit by the reality of lifes politics

I thought the world would've been a much better place if there were more people like her rather than the other way round. No?

No

:D

r1456180630.jpg

Immigration are now checking her “Parsons Nose” to very-fly that she/it is a Real Chick and not some Cock-r(e)al.

Look at the person behind her trying to look up her …………..what’s it……hence the black back-drop…. behind her in the Chicken Wire-Cage trying to protect her “Parsons Nose”. :D

What a bummer. :D

A dead give away. Immigration offices came along and charged her for being toooooo cheekkkyy :o

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :D

I know we're all having a good laugh at this poor girl -- Imagine! She actually gives a sh!t about something! HAHAHAHA -- but has anyone actually bothered to look at some of the videos of the way KFC's suppliers treat their chickens? (The curious can find some of the videos at http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/investigations.asp.)

Some Asian countries don't seem to pay particular attention to food safety e.g. Hair Soy Sauce: A Revolting Alternative to the Conventional or Dead and sick chickens processed for food. I would be interested to hear from some of the farming members on this board if they've ever witnessed anything like this in the meat or poultry industry in Thailand? I have a suspicion it would make Sinclair's The Jungle seem tame by comparison.

Anyone know a good Halal butcher?

Edited by fxm88

Why is she half naked

my thoughts exactly

You gotta love the little farang girls when they are 20, naive and still think the world works in gentle ways.

what does this have to do with being farang?

Why is she half naked

my thoughts exactly

*because she knows she is hot and enjoys the attention, obviously*

You gotta love the little farang girls when they are 20, naive and still think the world works in gentle ways.

*because in general thai people (even young naive ones) are more concerned with feeding their own family than curing the world's ills, and in general they have a more fatalistic view of life than do farangs.*

*because in general thai people (even young naive ones) are more concerned with feeding their own family than curing the world's ills, and in general they have a more fatalistic view of life than do farangs.*

Yes read it correct...and in my opinion, the plight of the KFC chickens doesn't even amount to one of the worlds annoyances...much less ills.

ANIMAL WELFARE CRUELTY BY RESTAURANT CHAIN ALLEGED

Enjoying crispy fried chicken while dining in popular fast-food chains, not many people would think about the chicken's welfare, but Peta does. After launching a series of catchy protests against cruelty to animals across the globe, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta) have finally brought their campaign to Thailand. Wearing a yellow bikini and sitting inside a small cage in front of a KFC restaurant on busy Silom road, Ashley Fruno, a 20-year-old Canadian activist, successfully got passersby to stop and listen to her message. ''I would like all of you to boycott KFC because it violates animals' rights. Please do not support an act of cruelty to animals,'' Ms Fruno shouted to the crowd. Peta claims that the more than 850 million chickens slaughtered each year for KFC are tortured in ways that should result in felony cruelty-to-animals charges. The chickens are drugged and bred to grow so large that many are crippled by their overweight bodies, Peta said. And many have their throats slit while they are still conscious, it added. ''Unlike other fast-food chains, such as McDonalds and Burger King, KFC has never done anything to improve animal welfare. That's why we have to continue our pressure on KFC,'' said Jason Baker, Peta's Asia-Pacific director. However, it seemed that few Thai consumers grasped the key message the group wanted to convey.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/05Sep2006_news07.php

ANIMAL WELFARE CRUELTY BY RESTAURANT CHAIN ALLEGED

Enjoying crispy fried chicken while dining in popular fast-food chains, not many people would think about the chicken's welfare, but Peta does. After launching a series of catchy protests against cruelty to animals across the globe, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta) have finally brought their campaign to Thailand. Wearing a yellow bikini and sitting inside a small cage in front of a KFC restaurant on busy Silom road, Ashley Fruno, a 20-year-old Canadian activist, successfully got passersby to stop and listen to her message. ''I would like all of you to boycott KFC because it violates animals' rights. Please do not support an act of cruelty to animals,'' Ms Fruno shouted to the crowd. Peta claims that the more than 850 million chickens slaughtered each year for KFC are tortured in ways that should result in felony cruelty-to-animals charges. The chickens are drugged and bred to grow so large that many are crippled by their overweight bodies, Peta said. And many have their throats slit while they are still conscious, it added. ''Unlike other fast-food chains, such as McDonalds and Burger King, KFC has never done anything to improve animal welfare. That's why we have to continue our pressure on KFC,'' said Jason Baker, Peta's Asia-Pacific director. However, it seemed that few Thai consumers grasped the key message the group wanted to convey.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/05Sep2006_news07.php

Count me as one of those people who does not think about the welfare of chickens. I save my concern for people.

Also, they don't slit the throats of chickens (She's thinking about pigs). They just whack their head off with a cleaver. Quick and fast.

Edited by jbowman1993

What an idiot, someone should of poured a cup of coke on her
Maybe because she is f#@%en stupid
too bad she didnt get arrested

Why all the abuse??? :o

Nothing wrong with believing in something and having the <deleted> to get off your arse and try to make a difference.

Hey whats going on when I showed up in my cage in my thong saying how bad A.w onion rings are being treated not one reporter showed up. What does she have that I don`t other then she is not over weight or and balding and has maybe less body hair. Alot less it would appear.

I would like to go down there and give her a piece of my mind but that would leave me with none.

(sigh) Some of my fellow canadian folk are strange(sidebar) :D

I think we're talking apples and oranges here...

This additional photo:

post-9005-1157375459_thumb.jpg

is not the same as This:

post-9005-1157375495.jpg

p.s. Very appreciative our wonderful Canadian posters who can take a good ribbing without going spastic...

Thumbs up to ya all. You guys are great: :o

Heyyy where did you get my picture from..I will have you know that is my bad side and does me no justice at all :D

Why is she half naked

my thoughts exactly

She is naked because she can do it and it brings notice to her cause.

Its amazing that there has been no uproar about her displaying her body and it being demeaning and she is being used as a piece of meat.

But if say a male poster put up a picture of a Thai girl on stage with a number on her shoulder there would be a huge uproar.

Hey whats going on when I showed up in my cage in my thong saying how bad A.w onion rings are being treated not one reporter showed up. What does she have that I don`t other then she is not over weight or and balding and has maybe less body hair. Alot less it would appear.

I would like to go down there and give her a piece of my mind but that would leave me with none.

(sigh) Some of my fellow canadian folk are strange(sidebar) :D

I think we're talking apples and oranges here...

This additional photo:

post-9005-1157375459_thumb.jpg

is not the same as This:

post-9005-1157375495.jpg

p.s. Very appreciative our wonderful Canadian posters who can take a good ribbing without going spastic...

Thumbs up to ya all. You guys are great: :o

Heyyy where did you get my picture from..I will have you know that is my bad side and does me no justice at all :D

I got it from when you posed for GQ magazine's 'Men's Sexy Swimwear 2006' issue. :D As for the other "rear" side view of you in your thong... well, it's just simply too erotic for the general public's viewing... :D

I really enjoy KFC, but I am sure there is a more humane way to raise chickens and they might want to pay attention to it.

<snip>

/Mod Edit - inappropriate comment deleted.

Edited by Jai Dee