The Ghost Tower Bangkok

The Sathorn Unique skyscraper is among the major construction projects started when Thailand’s economy was booming in the 1990s. Developers envisaged a city of gleaming offices and residential skyscrapers that were to be a testament to the nation’s rapid development.

Then Thailand sank into a swamp of reckless investments and unpaid debts that became known as the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis. The country’s economy contracted 10% in 1998 and many of the building projects came to a crashing halt, including this 49-story tower. Many towers have finally come to completion and construction is continuing, however many broke developers are still unable or unwilling to take action.
The Sathorn Unique has an eerie feel, with exposed infrastructure giving it a post-apocalyptic look. According to one blogger, abandoned rooms were filled with curious objects, from mannequins to a picture of the King. Locals say that the building is haunted.

^ was there an easier way into it other than that death defying bridge?

Sure Its a tourist attraction now , even kinda shop inside at the bottom selling water etc, they have now spent money on fixing the steps and added lighting all the up to the roof, pay the guy 100B and off you go^^

Just been over to have a look at your images on full screen.......awesome work!!

Thanks mate, If you are ever in BKK you should take a visit to the place as the views are awesome^^

Get some more vantage points like that one fella and I will make sure I am in BKK to view them.

Normally when I land in BKK I get a connecting flight upcountry the same day,but will rearrange my plans for a shoot with you,if you are up for it?

• Like 1

Just been over to have a look at your images on full screen.......awesome work!!

Thanks mate, If you are ever in BKK you should take a visit to the place as the views are awesome^^

Get some more vantage points like that one fella and I will make sure I am in BKK to view them.

Normally when I land in BKK I get a connecting flight upcountry the same day,but will rearrange my plans for a shoot with you,if you are up for it?

Cool mate, I'm up for it, lets do it^^

• Like 1

As long as you promise not to laugh at my camera gear,have only got beginners stuff biggrin.png

Don't worry mate , you work with what you have, it not so important on the gear you have more about how you see the shot and work it into something you are happy with, planning a shot is much more important than thinking about the gear in you bag biggrin.png