Good School In Khon Kaen?

thedi

Our daughter is now in Pratom 6 in a private school (Manchakiri Christian).

This is a small school, mostly the same as a state school: she knows only Pratom-level English (we speak Thai at home) and she is usually under the first 10 of her 40-kid class - by no means the class best.

Next year she will have to change school and I start looking for options.

I know about Vithes Suksa Bilangual School in Khon Kaen (http://www.kkvs.ac.th/).

Are there any others in the area?

We may also be interested in a boarding school in the region Chayaphum - Korat - Kalasin - Udon

Most helpful would be first-hand informations.

Thanks for any informations.

Thedi

In Khon Kaen City itself there are a number of decent schools. The one you listed is probably the most expensive.

There are three large government schools. Kaen Nakhorn Wittiya, Khon Kaen Wittiayon and Kanyanalat. (I've really butchered the name of the last one. Never have been able to remember it's name.)

The first two of the three are good schools, from all accounts i've heard. The 2nd, Wittiayon, has an EP in which a number of subjects are taught in English.

There are two Catholic schools, as well. Both are Mahathai Holy Redeemer schools. One is an all girl's school and only goes up to 9th grade. Last year they downsized 7th grade and only took on one classroom. I assume they'll do the same for next year.

The other Mahathai used to be a boys only school, but has been co-ed for several years. They added high school grades just two years ago. They have a new building for the high school,M4 to M6, with really nice facilities such as computer and science rooms.

I've been told there are many places around town that board students that are from out of town, but who go to school in town.

Both Chayaphum and Kalasin each have a school that I'm familiar with. Kanjanapisek Wittiyalai Chayaphum (and Kalasin, respectively). They board students.

Both schools are about 10 years old and built to honor the King's 50th anniversary as king. They built 9 of these schools around the country. I have not visited either of these particular schools, but have been to four of the others and know they are well thought of.

Hope this is helpful.

Good luck, I know how important it is to find a good school for your daughter.

Edited by TerryLH

Thanks for the info.

I will go back to Thailand in October and then check some of this schools out.

I will post my findings when I found something.

If anybody else has some more informations or expiriences, this would be apriciated.

Regards Thedi