What is this rather well-engineered fitting?

Tapster

Hi,

I've just moved into a house that had some of the previous owner's stuff still in it.

I found 22 of these fittings, loose in a bag..

post-189147-0-83283000-1429443462_thumb.

Diameter: 20mm

Length: 25mm

They appear to have been milled from solid stainless steel. They have a threaded hole in them to fix them to something and there's a scooped-out section that I thought could be for hanging things on.

The far end that you can't see is domed.

I thought it might be a hanger but it's not for wall fitting as you can see.

I'm stumped!

Please, what is this rather pleasing object and what can I do with it/them?

biggrin.png

Mmmm...a cupboard door knob.

Sounds reasonable. The weird thing is that there's nothing like them anywhere in the house, apart from in this bag!

There are some other fittings in the house with a very similar look but they're bathroom hangers and towel rails, clearly made for wall fitting.

OK, I'd better make some cupboards, then!!

Many thanks.

wai.gif

Cool man!

It's an upmarket drawer/cabinet/cupboard door pull.

And, thank you, everyone, for being kind and not saying that I'm a cretin for not immediately knowing this!

As I mentioned before, our house has no furniture/fixtures/decoration of this hotel/condo/pool villa type,so I didn't even think of handles! We have wooden stuff mainly.

:o)

Cool man!

It's an upmarket drawer/cabinet/cupboard door pull.

And, thank you, everyone, for being kind and not saying that I'm a cretin for not immediately knowing this!

As I mentioned before, our house has no furniture/fixtures/decoration of this hotel/condo/pool villa type,so I didn't even think of handles! We have wooden stuff mainly.

ohmy.png)

ok...knobby.

Yes, the screw gives it away.

While it could have been a lot of things, that oversized screw-head really limited the possibilities.

Oh, and nice sleuthing there, HeijoshinCool,

EY-301.jpgEY-301ill.jpg

I'm not discounting the *possibility* that HeijoshinCool *planted* those loose pulls in that guys house just so this exact scenario would play out and give the company some well deserved advertising.

• Like 1

@RichCor

That is possible, if highly unlikely.

However, as I don't know what "the company" is because it hasn't been mentioned at all, nobody benefits from planting cupboard handles in our house.

Does HeijoshinCool often go to such lengths to advertise his company? It's really subtle marketing. I'll actually have to ask what the company name is and what it does before I can be entrapped in his web of seductive selling!

• Like 2

Not my company, of course, I just remember seeing them a number of years ago in Japan's equivalent of HomePro.

My guess is your condo once had a Japanese expat living in it, who had considered changing out the door hardware. Maybe he never got the chance.

Is there blood you can't get out of the grout in the shower? What floor are you on?

• Like 2

Again, a plausible, though unlikely theory: the Japanese condo-owner was brutally murdered in the shower before he could use the fittings.

The thief had seen him with the bag of priceless, hand-turned door knobs, polished by Puerto Rican virgins and followed him home.

Hoping to get away with the bag while the man was in the shower, the thief knocked over a chair, alerting the showeree who died in the struggle which followed.

Finally, the thief panicked and left without the fortune in rare Japanese fittings!

However, we don't live in a condo. I didn't say that we did. That's why it's strange to have a bag of condo-like fittings. Maybe they're cursed and I should be looking out for thieves with an eye for a well-turned handle!

• Like 1