Rotisserie Chicken.... where to find

PETDCAT

re

It sounds as though you're talking about SP Chicken's original location, where they did business for thirty-six years before relocating to the Wat Phra Singh neighborhood in May of 2013

i think landtrouts right smile.png

heres the old sp chicken shop on 1 may 13 !

dave2

I'm not sure which is most impressive; the fact that you've got a photo of some random chicken shop taken in exactly the narrow time frame required to make it apropos to this ongoing discussion, or the fact that you're able to produce that photo from your (presumably voluminous...) archives while it's still pertinent! blink.png

'Fess up, dave2! Who are you working for, how many archivists do you have on the payroll, and what's your inscrutable endgame?

Just joshin' clap2.gif

LT

re

the fact that you're able to produce that photo from your (presumably voluminous...) archives while it's still pertinent! blink.png.pagespeed.ce.AQgCnSOpp_axVntua

ive got about 40 thousand pics all labled and dated sat here waiting for someone talking about something ive taken a pic of in the last ten years

'Fess up, dave2! Who are you working for, how many archivists do you have on the payroll, and what's your inscrutable endgame?

I work for nobody ... me ... that's it ... im the archivist

coz it gives me an interest to do while walking the streets of chiang mai and I like editing the pics as well :)

im interested in graffiti and love to take pics of it before someone ruins it / paints over it ... this one was new last week off wuluai road :)

dave2

post-42592-0-38064900-1429754522_thumb.j

post-42592-0-59567000-1429754560_thumb.j

post-42592-0-52888000-1429754592_thumb.j

I saw the documentary about the guy that opened a gai yang place in Portland Oregon called Pok Pok, he learned and coppied from some guy in CM to do gai yang in a vertical rotisery style that i have never seen...... anyone know where this chicken is?

Pretty sure that would be SP.

For some reason I've gone off rotisserie chickens lately.. post-169941-0-29993500-1429756052_thumb.

re

Do these painted walls have some relationship to chicken dinners? If so. pray tell

they do ( to me )

zarim paints spray can and box men and chickens / birds sat on nests like this !

theres my connection :) but im sure a mod will delete them if they don't like them

dave2

post-42592-0-20445100-1429758218_thumb.j

As one Op said, on the back side of Tannin market, so I guess the south side, a lady has rotisserie chickens, very tender and aromatic. 18.804106, 98.984745 Google Coordinates. Price is ok, seems like about 109 for a whole chicken, can't remember.

For BBQ chicken, many people like the restaurant on Viangbua street, (Khrua Wiang Bua) between Viangbua Mansion and the 7-11. Place gets pretty busy at lunch, but the chicken legs and thighs are pretty fair sized. They also offer some ribs, but I have yet to try them. For a somtum, sticky rice and chicken meal, it's a great place to go. Closes around 5pm or so. 18.805598, 98.982415 Google Coordinates.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for refence, I think 5-star chicken is pretty bad

The best bbq chicken is imo to be found at Warorot market. There's a woman that has been selling it there for at least 10 years, and it's great.

If entering Warorot market from the Chang Moi side, into the right hand soi before the road along the river, just go straight for about a 100m. There will then be a soi on your right hand side with various food stalls on the left side of the soi. This woman is at one of the first stalls and you will usually see the steam rising from her bbq. She only seems to get going around 11 or so, and I guess quits at around 16-17.

Sorry, but having not entered from that side for a while, my memory was wrong. The description above is correct, except that one enters Warorot not from the soi before the road along the river, but the soi one click further away from the river. So it will be the first soi into Warorot market if coming down Chang Moi.

Having recently tried the chicken bbq next to Dayli bar mentioned by a few people (next door to Grace Dental clinic may be more easy to find for some) I agree, that place is good. Still, the chicken bbq-ed by the woman at Warorot is a notch or two better IMO. Strictly takeaway, though. :-/