2015 NBA Playoffs, Your picks, comments, opinions etc...

Any thoughts, comments from any lone basketball nutz, or not alone or not a nut, anyone out there in Thailand keyed up for the playoffs?

I shelled out for the first time to get the NBA League Pass last November, True isn't cutting it by any stretch if you are interested in NBA basketball. Glad I went and sprung for the League Pass, I don't think I have ever been more locked in as to what is going on in the NBA, though I am by no means an expert but have thoroughly enjoyed this season. Some truly amazing games this year, I really think the league has never been better and I have watched basketball on and off since 1970. I don't care for the resting the players thing that has been going on so much, but if it has to be done then so be it.

I don't follow any team in particular, I just like watching good basketball and used to play it on the playground as a kid and tried to make the middle school team but was always edged out and never selected and I gave up on playing thereafter got into music and the arts.

So because I like watching good basketball, I am somewhat partial to the Golden State Warriors, but there are also some other really good teams this year, I can't remember when there were so many teams running neck and neck, though my memory isn't so good any more maybe.

In any case, here are my picks, and I would love to hear your input:

Western Conference 1st Round:

Golden State-New Orleans: Golden State in 5, but a sweep would not surprise me. New orleans was full of fight in game 1, they are not going to lay down, but Golden State is just a behemouth juggernaut on fire with no brakes, I'm afraid, or at least until San Antonio gets in the way, then its anyone's guess.

Memphis-Portland: This one seems to really be a toss up. Both teams are pretty good but Memphis hasn't been playing too well, Portland isn't that consistent either. Memphis in 7?

Houston-Dallas: Houston just plays so much better together as a team than Dallas. Both teams are over flowing with awesome players, but I think Houston seems to have the chemistry to put them way over the top. I loved game 1, so much fun to watch, this is going to be a real good series, but I'll go with Houston over Dallas in 6 games.

LA Clippers-San Antonio: A shame these two are meeting up in the first round. Neither team deserves to get knocked out so early. Both have been pretty incendiary towards the end of the season. Sort of a routine for San Antonio, to half step it till the last month and turn it on during the finals. The Clippers will probably win a game or two, but as good as they have been playing, the San Antonio machine just keeps ratcheting it up. San Antonio in 5 games.

Eastern Conference 1st Round:

Atlanta-Brooklyn: Atlanta, I don't think, turned in the kind of end of season performance that makes anyone feel too sure about them anymore. 17-0 in January, so they are on of the best when they are hitting on all cylinders. Don't think they'll have a problem with knocking Brooklyn out in 6 games though.

Cleveland-Boston: Cleveland was one of my favorite teams to watch towards the end of the season, seems they finally started to gell and they are not only LeBron and Kyrie, Kevin Love is handful when he's on, JR Smith is another outside shooting attack threat along with Love, and Mozgov at center was the cherry on top. Boston has been playing well, Isaiah Thomas is really something else, but they are just going to get bull dozed I'm afraid, if Cleveland wants to I think they could sweep the series, I'm just not sure they want to that much because they will easily win the series anyway, what is a a game or two?

Washington-Toronto: A real toss up. Toronto has been looking so weak for so long despite their great start this year. Washington is good but inconsistent. They looked pretty domineering in game 1, then what happened? Nearly lost the game, but hung on. Paul Pierce showed he is still something else in game 1, really on fire. Washington looks like they want it a bit more than Toronto does, Washington over Toronto in 5 games.

Chicago-Milwaukee: I haven't been paying attention to the Bulls very much. Watching them play Milwaukee, not really so much for how they played, they had a good solid game, nothing spectacular, but just that I didn't realize they are back to being a fully healthy team. It was like whoa! Derick Rose looked like he is actually really back and ready to play and that is just the tip of the Bulls iceberg that may end up sinking the good ship Cleveland Cavaliers. Chicago is another team, like Houston and Dallas, that is just leagues and leagues deep with good players. Milwaukee will be a peice of cake, all due respect to Jason Kidd and helping to turn the team around but they are still re-building. Chicago in 5 games.