Conference Calls (Bangkok)--Any ideas?

prighas

Hello,

I'm looking for a cost-efficient and effective means of organizing virtual meetings among a team of 10 at most. We don't really need video and I'm not really interested in any VoIP solution. I'm looking for the standard calls from a regular phone or mobile. I want to ensure no interruptions during the call for whatever reason - being a slow or unreliable Internet connection.

I had used Cisco Meeting place in a previous company I used to work for but that was purchased and installed by the company itself. We are a small team and we cannot afford to purchase any voice-conferencing solution. We're only looking to lease on per use basis.

Any recommendations? Truly appreciate any input.

Thanks.

The big difference between Internet-base and Telecom-based will be availability and price. Internet-based could be free (except where data used costs money).

The big Telecoms offer Voice Conference Service where you usually you dial a number to set it up, then the service provides you with a telephone number and pin for participants to dial.

Any company could provide it, but one with a Thailand based number would probably be best.

Telecom audio conference service provided by CAT AIS (text in Thai, use Google Translate)

Similar services are probably offered on the business account side of DTAC, TOT, TRUE, or 3BB etc, but their professional services aren't published in english.

KDDI Audio Conference Service as listed in AU. KDDI Thailand for contact info.

• 4 years later...
On 4/20/2015 at 9:05 AM, prighas said:

I'm not really interested in any VoIP solution.

Any particular reason why not?  I use Skype on a regular basis for conference calls, usually with 5 or 6 participants connecting from 3 or 4 countries. Skype works well, mainly it's just voice, but when needed, a participant can share their screen to explain a particular issue.