Best Swimming pool, Steam/Sauna, Gym combo in Chiang Mai?

goreme

Looking for at least 25m pool with steam and/or sauna and gym in one location. Tried Rattilanna which has a nice pool but the gym is so dark feels like a night club and the sauna/steam rooms barely fit 3 people each.

Any recommendations?

Centara Duang Tawan Hotel offers membership in their hotel fitness center. The pool is a dogleg, but it's at least 25 meters long. Each locker room has a large whirlpool/sauna/steam room, but they aren't co-ed. I really liked the whirlpool in the winter after swimming in the chilly pool. Don't use it now that I live on the other side of town.

Edited by NancyL

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Shangri La hotel!

No cheap, but very good.

Would have to agree! Shangri La!

You get what you pay for there....

The Shangri La has a great facility. Locker rooms, changing rooms, steam, sauna, whirlpool all in the men's locker room, spacious, well maintained, CLEAN, and the gym is well equipped, well lit, and well maintained. There is a small room attached for yoga, stretching, etc. the pool is huge and well attended by staff. Complimentary ice water delivered to your poolside seats. Food service also available. Free parking with lots of space underground. We find the staff to be well trained, courteous, smiling and exceptionally

accommodating. They have a number of options for membership including family rates. it IS a bit more expensive than other locations but after we tried those cheaper places and experienced the frustrations they offered, we are very happy at the Shangri La. Drop by and take a look!

• Like 1

As Newbie noted Sansaran is very nice. I've been a member since last November. Cost is 12K Baht per year for a single, 9K baht for 6 months. Not sure if there is a family rate. The pool is 25 meters long, 50 meters for a lap. I swim there almost every day.

The only negative comment I have is that the men's changing facility is a bit small. Small lockers and just a small area to change in. Can't say about the women's side of the house.

post-228439-0-72700600-1429597634_thumb.

post-228439-0-72700600-1429597634_thumb.

post-228439-0-92613100-1429597695_thumb.

Edited by mortrubl

Thanks for all the great suggestions. It sounds like best options are Sansara, Dong Tuan and Shangri-la. Of the 3, Sansara is a good 30-40mins away so only got quotes for the other 2 as follows:

Dong Tuan

1x guest entry - B300

membership:

1mo - 2000

3mo - 5000

6mo - 8500

12mo - 12000

Shangri-la

1x guest entry - B300

membership:

1mo - 3000

3mo - 20,000 (interesting rate jumps so high from 1mo)

6mo - ?

12mo - 29,000

Anyone confirm these rates?

Thanks for all the great suggestions. It sounds like best options are Sansara, Dong Tuan and Shangri-la. Of the 3, Sansara is a good 30-40mins away so only got quotes for the other 2 as follows:

Dong Tuan

1x guest entry - B300

membership:

1mo - 2000

3mo - 5000

6mo - 8500

12mo - 12000

Shangri-la

1x guest entry - B300

membership:

1mo - 3000

6mo - ?

12mo - 29,000

Shangri-la rates have to be wrong. Why would anyone pay 20,000 up front for a three month membership, instead of paying 3000 per month for three months?

I don't like hotel gyms much myself, so I would also check also Harris fitness (gym only so-so, but would expect it to be better than most hotel gyms, even at 5-star places (not that I think Duangtawan is 5-star)) for the off chance that it can be combined, possibly separately, with a membership for the hotel pool that I think is in the same building.

I think Duangtawan has a 15% discount for today only. Rattilanna rates are 3500 monthly, 6000 for 3 mos, 9000 6 mos and 15000 yearly. Yes, the workout area is a little darker as someone mentioned but nice salt water pool and also includes sauna and wifi.

Shangri-la

1x guest entry - B300

membership:

1mo - 3000

6mo - ?

12mo - 29,000

Shangri-la rates have to be wrong. Why would anyone pay 20,000 up front for a three month membership, instead of paying 3000 per month for three months?

-----------------------

20,000 is for 6 months......3 months is 11,000

• 2 years later...

I have enjoyed my membership in the Duangtawan/Centara Hotel 4th. floor fitness center for several years. Place is clean, has an excellent set of fitness machines, free weights, etc.

The men's dressing area has ample lockers (bring your own lock), and two saunas, and jacuzzi (not real hot), and steam room. One of the saunas is usually hot enough to really bake you.

Staff have always been cordial, and helpful.

~o:37;

7 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Top floor, Rumachock Plaza at Meechok, can't miss it - just down from Ruamchock Supermarket..

Thanks simoh1490

I've see this place before from the outside, but I do not think there is a swimming pool or sauna on the property is there?  

3 minutes ago, Oohwan said:

Thanks simoh1490

I've see this place before from the outside, but I do not think there is a swimming pool or sauna on the property is there?  

Ah, no! Sorry, I overlooked that minor aspect. :) 

In which case there's not a lot of choices out this way, Four Season perhaps but the gym is not that great plus it's pricey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Ah, no! Sorry, I overlooked that minor aspect. :) 

In which case there's not a lot of choices out this way, Four Season perhaps but the gym is not that great plus it's pricey.

Yeah I was just looking at the Four Season website myself, but as you say I'm sure it's pricey.  

I'm mostly interested in a resort style gym and pool.  Sauna isn't really necessary. 

If anyone else knows what's the best option coming from Mae Rim please contribute. 

Thanks simoh1490

Not Mae Rim proper but close to crossing 107 & Outer Ring Road terrific Olympic pool. The Imperial Chiang Mai Resort & Sport Club
Gym not impressive

Sent from my Pixel using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Not Mae Rim proper but close to crossing 107 & Outer Ring Road terrific Olympic pool. The Imperial Chiang Mai Resort & Sport Club
Gym not impressive

It's certainly resort style, to my taste Luxury having the whole pool to ourselves , well maintained. Gorgeous trees, tranquillity.
We're living close by therefore no need to use other facilities. Very low price, also for simple Thai food.

http://www.imperialchiangmai.com/

Gym not impressive

It's certainly resort style, to my taste Luxury having the whole pool to ourselves , well maintained. Gorgeous trees, tranquillity.
We're living close by therefore no need to use other facilities. Very low price, also for simple Thai food.

http://www.imperialchiangmai.com/