Expat TV or any other kind of TV

cmsally

Bit unfair as Australia's best shows rarely make it to Thailand. We have a proud record of producing quality programs such as 4 Corners which has been running for 50 years, a bit like the BBC's Panorama. Add in Foreign Correspondent,Q & A, ABC news and current affairs, travel and food docos, and some excellent dramas like "Redfern Now" and the fact that Australia sells programmes to 60 different countries we are not doing too bad. The UK gobbles up our soaps and has been for ages so they must be doing something right.

Of course if you haven't lived in Australia for some period of time its difficult to make a judgement and like the BBC the ABC, our national broadcaster, is forced in its charter to make programs that cater for all groups of interests including children's programs.

I got hooked on watching Stingers many years ago when living in Europe.

Edited by TheAppletons

There is no Australia Network anymore.

Was replaced by Australia Plus (does have the footy as well) which I believe you can get on True Visions, at least according to the guy (Stewart??) who owns the Down Under pub in CM.

Sad that Australia Network was cancelled, use to be everywhere, I use to have it as standard as part of my cable package in my apartment.

For streaming sign up to a VPN, and you get watch Ten Play, iVew, and the channel 7 and 9 streaming platforms.

There is no Australia Network anymore.

Was replaced by Australia Plus (does have the footy as well) which I believe you can get on True Visions, at least according to the guy (Stewart??) who owns the Down Under pub in CM.

Sad that Australia Network was cancelled, use to be everywhere, I use to have it as standard as part of my cable package in my apartment.

For streaming sign up to a VPN, and you get watch Ten Play, iVew, and the channel 7 and 9 streaming platforms.

Australia plus is only available through True if you have the cable connection, as opposed to a True dish.

Last Saturday's footy is on ThaiExpatTV.

You can go back 10 days to watch missed programmes.

I enjoy watching Landline. Wide open spaces, cattle, sheep, new innovations. ABC news through the day. Bondi Vet, Quantum.

• Like 1

Bluweyze Hi,

What is the name and specs of the box you purchased on eBay ?

And which eBay site,UK, Thai, Oz,or another ?

Thanks for any help/ info

Minix NEO X7 TV BOX mini Quad Core 1.6GH Android Bluetooth 1080P 8G I actually bought it from ebay UK but they sell them on .com.I haven't checked Australia It all depends on the best price including shipping. I think it is about 5000 Baht from Expat TV so it depends what bargains are around on Ebay.

Aussie TV occasionally has some quite good series and the occasional thing like Four Corners.

Then occasionally on the odd evening when I really need to zombie out , an episode of Home and Away.

I only have time to watch about an hour of TV late evening, so being able to view things that had scheduled earlier would be a boost too.

On WETV there is only so many times one can watch Law and Order, that is about all that's left of the English stuff if not counting the news.

ABC had to be the most politically correct, female good/ men bad orientated channel on the planet.

However, even though Q & A was always stacked with the pro illegal immigrant doo gooder mob it was sometimes worth the time and Insiders was excellent.

As for the rest- GOOD ON YA TONY.

there is only so many times one can watch Law and Order,

Were you actually able to watch Universal channel, the channel with more ads than shows ( same with Sci Fi ), LOL? I can't stomach it at all.

I can't believe you write it off so easily though. The Grand movie channel shows a series every day at 10am and 8pm with ZERO ads, and the series channel is currently showing Battlestar Galactica and 24. I really wish though, that they would put English subtitles on English language series shown with Thai audio, and it would help if they could show advertised series at the proper time.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

Aussie TV occasionally has some quite good series and the occasional thing like Four Corners.

Then occasionally on the odd evening when I really need to zombie out , an episode of Home and Away.

I only have time to watch about an hour of TV late evening, so being able to view things that had scheduled earlier would be a boost too.

On WETV there is only so many times one can watch Law and Order, that is about all that's left of the English stuff if not counting the news.

ABC had to be the most politically correct, female good/ men bad orientated channel on the planet.

However, even though Q & A was always stacked with the pro illegal immigrant doo gooder mob it was sometimes worth the time and Insiders was excellent.

Were you actually able to watch Universal channel, the channel with more ads than shows ( same with Sci Fi ), LOL? I can't stomach it at all.

I can't believe you write it off so easily though. The Grand movie channel shows a series every day at 10am and 8pm with ZERO ads, and the series channel is currently showing Battlestar Galactica and 24. I really wish though, that they would put English subtitles on English language series shown with Thai audio, and it would help if they could show advertised series at the proper time.

You didn't watch Dateline, a great SEA news program?

Crikey! Tony will love you. He will be quoting you to his colleagues to prove he has a supporter out there.

"No cuts to education, no cuts to health, no change to pensions, no change to the GST and no cuts to the ABC or SBS." Guess who.

You didn't watch Dateline, a great SEA news program?

Crikey! Tony will love you. He will be quoting you to his colleagues to prove he has a supporter out there.

"No cuts to education, no cuts to health, no change to pensions, no change to the GST and no cuts to the ABC or SBS." Guess who.

A politician that lied to get elected- now there's a surprise, NOT.

No wonder politicians are rated lower than used car salesmen biggrin.png .

'thaibeachlovers' is dead right about the ABC. I now love watching the UK news programs on ExpatTV. Besides being a grade or two above the ABC news on the Aust+ channel, they call Illegal Immigrants what they are .......Illegal Immigrants !. On the ABC they are called 'Asylum Seekers' and they are always portrayed as the victims. Never before has the tax payer of any country ever funded a more politically correct, female good/men bad, left-wing orientated channel - stacked with pro-illegal immigrant do-gooders. Other than that small problem biggrin.png, ExpatTV is brilliant and well worth the monthly fee. They record shows and you can watch them up to 14 days later - and it is a month by month bill - and they answer problems and deal with any issues quickly.

PS - yes, I can choose not to watch the ABC news, but it is the only way I can find out about the floods and fires that may be affecting my family/friends back there.

• Like 1

'thaibeachlovers' is dead right about the ABC. I now love watching the UK news programs on ExpatTV. Besides being a grade or two above the ABC news on the Aust+ channel, they call Illegal Immigrants what they are .......Illegal Immigrants !. On the ABC they are called 'Asylum Seekers' and they are always portrayed as the victims. Never before has the tax payer of any country ever funded a more politically correct, female good/men bad, left-wing orientated channel - stacked with pro-illegal immigrant do-gooders. Other than that small problem biggrin.png, ExpatTV is brilliant and well worth the monthly fee. They record shows and you can watch them up to 14 days later - and it is a month by month bill - and they answer problems and deal with any issues quickly.

PS - yes, I can choose not to watch the ABC news, but it is the only way I can find out about the floods and fires that may be affecting my family/friends back there.

I would love to watch the ABC news here. However with Australia plus now only available on True visions cable I cannot.

Where I live can only access True visions satellite and Australia plus is not on satellite.

However a reply to my recent email gives some glimmer of hope.

Yes, we are aware that Truevisions is the main provider in Thailand, however we do also have service available via Sophon Cable TV and Hua Hin cable.

We are currently looking to expand our network of rebroadcasters.

Please let me know if you have any further enquiries.

Yours sincerely

Annie Capp

A+ TV

I would love to watch the ABC news here. However with Australia plus now only available on True visions cable I cannot.

Where I live can only access True visions satellite and Australia plus is not on satellite.

However a reply to my recent email gives some glimmer of hope.

Yes, we are aware that Truevisions is the main provider in Thailand, however we do also have service available via Sophon Cable TV and Hua Hin cable.

We are currently looking to expand our network of rebroadcasters.

Please let me know if you have any further enquiries.

Yours sincerely

Annie Capp

A+ TV

I saw Tony Abbott on the BBC speaking at the Anzac service, and realised how much I missed Insiders. However, they can keep PC shows like McLeod's Daughters, City Homicide, and Sea Patrol etc for the home audience. Rake and The Straits were suitably politically incorrect though, and I quite liked them. As for Home and Away w00t.gif . And, WHY OH WHY did they broadcast that revolting Bananas in Pyjamas show to the world?

• Like 1

Aussie TV is bad? UK television is like watching lawn bowls. It makes me giggle that you suckers are paying for a Free service. Jokes on you.

I enjoyed watching shows on BBC without ads. I really really hate ads on tv. One reason I have WE TV. It might not be the best, but there are no ads.

Aussie TV is bad? UK television is like watching lawn bowls. It makes me giggle that you suckers are paying for a Free service. Jokes on you.

You sound like a teenage girl - who giggles at others through her 'glasses' of self-centredness and ignorance. Read this - slowly - ExpatTV downloads and records all the 'free' shows (all the channels) onto local (Thailand) Servers, and for a small monthly fee you can stream (locally) any show/movie on any channel for the last 14 days - at any time that you want - and you can stream live or play/pause any show as you wish - and you can record and store it if you want. Plus it has a search option for any show/movie across all channels for the last 14 days. THAT is what people who have ExpatTV pay for you silly 'little girl'. Before you ridicule other people on TV - try doing some research and learn a few things (and grow up). Or better still - go back to Facebook and/or Twitter where your opinions and values are 'embraced' - no matter how silly they or you are.

You can also add Zenmate to your browser and put location as UK,

its working very well for me for BBC iplayer,and ITV player,don't forget

to disable your addblockers before using the ITV player.

Before there used to be buffering,but now works OK ,even when other

sites i stream from buffer,it used to be the other way around.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1