Sorry, I am a little late :)

dutchrdam

Yet more nicephotos of your well used but loved Platinum dutchrdam. 57,000 KM , and looks as good as new , much to the annoyance of the declining number of "Chinese" bike haters , whose "Japanese" bikes are built using some Chinese parts , and not in Japan !! . If i correctly recall your previous posts , you have had very few issues with this lovely bike over all those years . May i ask what you use to clean and to prevent rust for so long .

Yes it is very nice looking I must admit despite being a conical Chinese bike hater. wink.png

8 years old, OP you sure has taken good care of it, well done man.

Never heard of a 'conical Chinese bike"

How about 'conical Chinese hat " post-169941-0-53861300-1429704543_thumb...That makes sense..

Edited by andreandre

He may have meant Cynical . If the hat fits --- . dutchrdam , any chance you increase your posts to twice per year , whilst imparting some of your maintainence tips .Its been said before that the owners have the biggest influence on a bikes "well-being" . Seems true here .

• Like 1

I saw this thread the other day and I am a little late replying! rolleyes.gif

You like everyone makes choices. Whether it's good or bad with mechanical things will depend to a certain degree on the attention/maintenance you give along the way and the basic foundation of the product to start with. You probably got a good one from a good batch. Nowadays it maybe that everyone will get a good one irrespective. As time goes by quality improves and less people take a chance when buying Chinese products.

But lets not kid ourselves as the Chinese are sometimes less than perfect!

This morning I got an email from a customer in Australia asking what am I going to do about this problem.

post-63954-0-34202700-1429939655_thumb.j

Now I have to pay to get that one back and send another and I am stuck with the dodgy one! And now no profit!

As a reseller, I take my chances just like some customers do!

Will I buy Chinese again? Sure will....and from the same factory. 1 bad one out of a 20ft container load is pretty good going!

Yes it is very nice looking I must admit despite being a conical Chinese bike hater. wink.png

8 years old, OP you sure has taken good care of it, well done man.

Never heard of a 'conical Chinese bike"

How about 'conical Chinese hat " attachicon.gifdownload.jpg..That makes sense..

Maybe "comical" ?
  • Like 1

I saw this thread the other day and I am a little late replying! rolleyes.gif

You like everyone makes choices. Whether it's good or bad with mechanical things will depend to a certain degree on the attention/maintenance you give along the way and the basic foundation of the product to start with. You probably got a good one from a good batch. Nowadays it maybe that everyone will get a good one irrespective. As time goes by quality improves and less people take a chance when buying Chinese products.

But lets not kid ourselves as the Chinese are sometimes less than perfect!

This morning I got an email from a customer in Australia asking what am I going to do about this problem.

attachicon.gifBill B ZA-3050.JPG

Now I have to pay to get that one back and send another and I am stuck with the dodgy one! And now no profit!

As a reseller, I take my chances just like some customers do!

Will I buy Chinese again? Sure will....and from the same factory. 1 bad one out of a 20ft container load is pretty good going!

Just because of that dodgy wheel mount?

Why not offer two options.. Cash discount so he can rectify the problem or replacement!

If it is just that slight fault I would take the discount.

^

Yep, thats what makes every single product from China unique. Not this boring "everything perfect" from germany or japan wink.png

The bike from the OP sure is unique. Everytime i overtake such Platinum cruiser i turn my head and have a good look at it. I like these bikes. Cannot really say why. There is something special with them for sure.