Traveling with someone else's kids. What do I need?

A group of us are going to Singapore for a holiday in the nest few weeks. There will be a mix of Thai and Westerners going and there will be a couple of kids (Thai 11 & 12 yrs old) that coming with us without their parents. Do we need to carry a consent letter from the parents or not? Do the parents have to go to their local Amphur to get the consent letter? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

You will need a letter signed by both parents notarized at the amphur. We took our nieces girl, who has lived with us since just after she was born, to Hong Kong. She has her own passport but when we got to bkk immigration they questioned us. They phoned the girls mother (who is not the sharpest tool in the box) was not happy but then they phoned her father. After some debate they decided to let us fly believe me it was squeaky bum time. The I.O.told us to get the letter done next time or we would not be allowed to fly. They also made a note in her passport

• Like 1

Myself and the Mrs took her niece on holiday with us, who was 7 at the time, and all that was needed was a letter from the parents in English and Thai and copies of the parents ID cards nothing was notarized and there were no questions or issues raised either end

You will need a letter signed by both parents notarized at the amphur. We took our nieces girl, who has lived with us since just after she was born, to Hong Kong. She has her own passport but when we got to bkk immigration they questioned us. They phoned the girls mother (who is not the sharpest tool in the box) was not happy but then they phoned her father. After some debate they decided to let us fly believe me it was squeaky bum time. The I.O.told us to get the letter done next time or we would not be allowed to fly. They also made a note in her passport

Child trafficking is, rightly, a major concern for governments worldwide.

So consent letters as described above will be needed for both Thai immigration, otherwise they probably wont let the kids out of Thailand, and Singapore immigration, otherwise they probably wont let them into Singapore.

To save delay, and possible problems, at Singapore immigration you should also have an English translation of the letter.

Child trafficking is, rightly, a major concern for governments worldwide.

So consent letters as described above will be needed for both Thai immigration, otherwise they probably wont let the kids out of Thailand, and Singapore immigration, otherwise they probably wont let them into Singapore.

To save delay, and possible problems, at Singapore immigration you should also have an English translation of the letter.

Good point. As the I/O gave us her passport back he said "I dont know what will happen at Hong Kong" but all was ok thankfully