Serviced Apartments in Bangkok

Farbak

Hello BKK Guru's :)

So I have been living in Chiang mai for 1 year now, and now i want to live in mighty Bangkok.

Here in Chiang mai, i live at serviced apartments, where its required 1 months rent, 1 months deposit and you dont need to stay lets say 6 months or so to get your deposit back.

Here i pay 12.000 Bath for rent, have swimming pool, we have a fitness centre etc.

But when i try to find something similar in BKK, i find very high price apartments like 25K +

Does any know about some places? Another thing, is it even possible to find a nice condo in BKK for 10-15k a month? Like i mean in a nice building and so on?

I hope some of you can point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Farbak.

"But when i try to find something similar in BKK, i find very high price apartments like 25K +"

That's actually pretty much the norm. Unless you decide to get a serviced apartment on the outskirts of Bangkok. I have found apartments for around 15k in downtown Sukhumvit but they're not serviced and are in really bad shape.

You can't afford to live in Bangkok. I advise that you stay in cheap Chiang Mai, because if you want a nice "serviced apartment" in BKK, it will set you back at least 40,000 a month. What are these "serviced apartments" for 25k in central BKK that people are talking about? I think that only gets you a fairly standard, 1-bedroom self-service apartment, or if it's in a brand-new building it will be the size of a rabbit hutch.

"But when i try to find something similar in BKK ..."

Where in Bkk? This is a big city. Places in central downtown like near Langsuan and Chidlom would be expensive. But move out a bit to say Victory Monument or north, or Ekamai and on, you are still about 15 min. by BTS from the city center and prices are a lot more reasonable. You should be able to get a decent serviced 1-bedroom for 15k/month in these places.

To some extent 25k for a nice place with gym/pool, central, on a 1 month contract, is the norm. BKK is obv more pricey than CM...

But to another extent... the 25k places are just much more heavily advertised online because agents get commissions for referrals to these places, and agents make many of the websites you'll find with an English language search. Cheaper places do exist, but they don't use agents, hence you can't find them on Google as easily, if they even have a website it'll be their own domain which won't come up in search. You just have to ask around / hear from word of mouth

Some 1 month options I've come across:

aravinda, rudimentary hotel (rooms not as nice as the pics, and small ~20 sqm) in ekkamai for 12k / month - http://www.aravindabangkok.com/

ascella, 24k but a lot of stuff included and only 3k deposit - http://afarangabroad.com/2015/03/ascella-apartment.html

atrium ratchada, by right by huay khwang MRT / night market 18k/month http://www.atriumratchada13.com/

For cheap places stay away from websites made by agents, and instead browse sites aimed at Thais, e.g. TeePak, ApartmentBKK, Prakard forums... it is possible to find what you're looking for just takes a lot more time and research, which people who want a place for 1 month don't care to bother with... hence 25k being considered 'standard', but not because cheaper options don't exist.

Edited by jspill
  • Like 1

You can't afford to live in Bangkok. I advise that you stay in cheap Chiang Mai, because if you want a nice "serviced apartment" in BKK, it will set you back at least 40,000 a month. What are these "serviced apartments" for 25k in central BKK that people are talking about? I think that only gets you a fairly standard, 1-bedroom self-service apartment, or if it's in a brand-new building it will be the size of a rabbit hutch.

Sorry, but I have found several serviced apartments in downtown BKK that are well below 20k. Yes they are single bedrooms the size of a hotel room, but I live alone so I don't have the problem of space.

I pay 14k for a fully serviced apartment in central BKK. I've been living here for nearly a year and have no complaints whatsoever. Compared to the previous places I've stayed in this is seriously the best deal I have come across. Here's a link potential future flatmates: http://www.libplace.com/EN/index.html

Sorry, but I have found several serviced apartments in downtown BKK that are well below 20k. Yes they are single bedrooms the size of a hotel room, but I live alone so I don't have the problem of space.

I pay 14k for a fully serviced apartment in central BKK. I've been living here for nearly a year and have no complaints whatsoever. Compared to the previous places I've stayed in this is seriously the best deal I have come across. Here's a link potential future flatmates: http://www.libplace.com/EN/index.html

Not impressed at all by the photos! It looks extremely spartan and uncomfortable (virtually unfurnished), almost as I would imagine a prison cell to be like. Plus, the area is very bad and far from tourist areas. Enjoy your 14k a month stay in prison!

Not impressed at all by the photos! It looks extremely spartan and uncomfortable (virtually unfurnished), almost as I would imagine a prison cell to be like. Plus, the area is very bad and far from tourist areas. Enjoy your 14k a month stay in prison!

Can I ask why you say the area is bad?

I've found Soi 20/22 a great place to stay in Bangkok & convenient for BTS/MTS to get anywhere I've wanted to go, but I only visit for a max 4 days at a time so am interested in thoughts/comments from people who stay much longer...

As a follow-on question, where would you recommend staying longer-term in Bangkok?

Cheers

JB

I've found Soi 20/22 a great place to stay in Bangkok & convenient for BTS/MTS to get anywhere I've wanted to go, but I only visit for a max 4 days at a time so am interested in thoughts/comments from people who stay much longer...

As a follow-on question, where would you recommend staying longer-term in Bangkok?

Cheers

JB

I wouldn't take FalangBaa too seriously. From his consistently mealymouthed postings, fellow seems to be a bit of a wretch. Possibly has issues for which he's compensating.

• Like 1

I wouldn't take FalangBaa too seriously. From his consistently mealymouthed postings, fellow seems to be a bit of a wretch. Possibly has issues for which he's compensating.

Who wants to take anyone named "FalangBaa" seriously? :)

Cheers

JB

Well I've been staying for nearly a year. All rooms are mostly occupied by Westerners and a few Japanese. Chatting with these people, some have been living here for 10 years (if it's that bad they would have surely moved out by now), other tenants live in Suk 22 because they own a restaurant/bar in this soi, so these are not dirt poor people.

For long term stays it would depend pretty much on you: Is this a convenient location for you, or is your workplace far away? Do you feel alright living in a 1 bedroom flat, or do you intend to share it with a partner/kids?

My aunt lives in a 70k apartment in Suk 49 (paid by her husband's company of course). Apart from a gym, pool, and lot's of space, there's not much difference. Her place is big but empty. For me 60 Sqm are enough.

Your best chance at finding the right place however is still going out there and checking the place out by yourself. Advertisements and the internet often lie, everybody's advice here, including mine, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Happy hunting

• Like 2

the area is very bad and far from tourist areas. Enjoy your 14k a month stay in prison!

What the? It's an easy walk to Soi Cowboy and moderate stroll to Nana. Very central, Asok BTS is right there, plus Benjasiri park, Emporium...

Yeah you said that already http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/815330-hotel-namehelp/?p=9296273

When is your new material coming out?

Edited by PatMcrotch
  • Like 1

House by the Pond serviced apartments on Sai Nam Thip 2, Sukhumvit 22, it has short and long contracts. Was 18k amonth plus water, coacroaches and electricity. I lived in 101 serviced apartments on Sai Nam Thip 3, Sukhumvit 22 for 22k baht before electricity and water. Now I live in a overpriced but high quality serviced apartment in the same area. You cant a condo for much less in lower Sukhumvit. I spent a half year of hell in a ultramodern skyscraper in Wongwien Yai called The Hive for 15000 baht amount and no overpricing on the electricity units. It was because my girlfriend worked outside the metropolis in the direction of Bang Wa.

Good luck

Edited by BKKBobby

House by the Pond serviced apartments on Sai Nam Thip 2, Sukhumvit 22, it has short and long contracts. Was 18k amonth plus water, coacroaches and electricity. I lived in 101 serviced apartments on Sai Nam Thip 3, Sukhumvit 22 for 22k baht before electricity and water. Now I live in a overpriced but high quality serviced apartment in the same area. You cant a condo for much less in lower Sukhumvit. I spent a half year of hell in a ultramodern skyscraper in Wongwien Yai called The Hive for 15000 baht amount and no overpricing on the electricity units. It was because my girlfriend worked outside the metropolis in the direction of Bang Wa.

Good luck

I've seen the rooms at House by the Pond. It's like the place was specifically designed for people who want to live in a haunted house. There's dust, cobwebs, dimly lit corridors, spooky antique furniture, cockroaches, mosquitoes, and bee hives. I'm surprised the place hasn't been turned into a public museum.

Good luck

I've seen the rooms at House by the Pond. It's like the place was specifically designed for people who want to live in a haunted house. There's dust, cobwebs, dimly lit corridors, spooky antique furniture, cockroaches, mosquitoes, and bee hives. I'm surprised the place hasn't been turned into a public museum.

Your description of House By The Pond is a perfect description of the place.

My parents visited me in BKK and didnt like what they saw, so I moved to another serviced apartment that is good but too expensive. I will either rent a condo in lower Sukhumvit, that costs much less than were Im staying right now. Or buy a condo, that I will keep until I die. I know haters here are going to hate but Im not investing or trying to make money. I just like the feeling of owning my home and the security of always having a place to stay in Bangkok.

Edited by BKKBobby

Actually I have booked at room at House by the pond, but I am very happy that i requested pictures of the room i rented, because what was on the webpage, was looking nice. But what i saw on the pictures i requested was a nightmare, and not even worthy of 5.000 Bath, and they charge 17,5k

The thing is, that I dont know how the traffic is a night, and i am not sure how the transport during night is too, i am planing trying out Nana, Patpong etc but i heard that you have to live within like 3 KM before any girls will consider to go with you home, can anyone confirm or deny that?

Looks like a nice place at decent prices in a pretty central location, not far from Phom Phrong BTS.

I had never heard of the complex before... but thanks for posting the info on it. Good contribution.

Baan Sabai Rama IV is a serviced apt for 16k for 1 month contract... so they do seem to exist at that price.

Same here... The studios at 15K... but the one and two bedrooms much higher and larger at $29k to $35K.

http://www.baan-sabai.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23&Itemid=76

Expat's posts show...there are suitable places out there in BKK....

Just wish more members here would post similarly helpful and useful suggestions.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1