Looking to rent a house on the darkside

Pattaya28

Jomtien certainly has a "darker" side, but the Darkside is generally accepted to be that area east of Sukhumvit Road. Although living over here for 9 years, I have absolutely no idea where it's North and Southern boundaries are.

Round trip for me yesterday to Jomtien Immigration Office was 43 kms, so pretty big place

f you are interested in a lovely two bedroom house with 3 ACs on the darkside then please pm me for more details & phone number

A few years ago we took Pattaya Klang as the epicentre of Pattaya with a demarcation point or border line between the so called bright side and the dark side being Sukhumvit road

So Siam Country club road up to say Soi Khao talo was known as the dark side of course it has grown

Chaiyapruek 2 area, or near there.

I've seen in previous posts, TV members have mentioned good agents. A name or 2 of an agent would be appreciated.

Silk road place on chaiyapruek 2, lived there a year and really enjoyed it. They have an agent on site as you enter on the right.

I believe Silk Road is on Chaiyapruek 2. A bit expensive, but a great village. Your best bet is to just cruise up and down the road looking for villages, then pop in and ask the manager what's available. I know in our village, many rentals are not listed with agents, only the onsite manager.

On Huay Yai road are a few nice villages. Baan Balina 2 and 3. Definitely worth checking out.

What's your price range?

I believe Silk Road is on Chaiyapruek 2. A bit expensive, but a great village. Your best bet is to just cruise up and down the road looking for villages, then pop in and ask the manager what's available. I know in our village, many rentals are not listed with agents, only the onsite manager.

On Huay Yai road are a few nice villages. Baan Balina 2 and 3. Definitely worth checking out.

What's your price range?

I paid 35k a month for a two bed house but security was top notch, village quiet with trees everywhere, would not think twice about living there again if I ever moved back down that way.

Why is it referred to as the"Darkside" It seems a somewhat derogatory term, have never seen any reference to the "Darkside" in any property sales agents details, or any other business advertising.

If any property agents used that term then they need shooting.

Why is it referred to as the"Darkside" It seems a somewhat derogatory term, have never seen any reference to the "Darkside" in any property sales agents details, or any other business advertising.

I think it's simply that all the 'bright lights' are (or were) beach-side of Sukhumvit whilst the area on the other side was a bit 'dull' shall we say!.

Bit like the 'Black country' near Birmingham (smoke covering the skies and sun in the 19th century from all the iron furnaces etc).

Thank you all for the numerous private messages I received.

Working through them.

Drove around this morning to various villages in Hauy Yai area and found 1 or 2 possibilities.

I moved into a brand new house 3 years ago. Over the past 3 years apart from major electrical problems, (mainly cross-wiring) 2 of the AC units have continuously played up. 1 making a real loud noise, and the other pouring water out on numerous occasions.I have paid for repairs. At this point I've had enough of this nonsense. I believe the landlords should pay for the repairs, both electrical and AC units. My wife disagrees, saying the costs are down to us.

Do people agree with me that I should not have to foot the bills ? or agree with my wife that the maintenance costs should be down to me ?

The owner of the house should always pay as long as you did not cause the problems , if you have a normal rental contract you will find the details about the responsibilities of the landlord there.

I always sent the bill forward to the landlord where I rented, a lot of maintenance was needed since it was an old place.

Edited by balo