Government hospital in Rayong

AngThong

I need a health check-up and probably an x-ray and some physio for an old leg injury. I know the Bangkok Hospital in Rayong is good, but they seem quite pricey to me... Is there a decent government hospital in Rayong? Would they speak English? I was reasonably happy with the gov't hospital on Samui when I lived down there.

I'd want a general check-up, a skin examination and leg x-ray / ultrasound / physio.

Thanks wai2.gif

There is a government hospital in Rayong, I have only been there to visit a friend, it was very crowded, I understand that they have built a new hospital next door

but it is not open yet. My friend that was there had nothing but praise for the staff.

If you are living here already I would suggest you go and take a look yourself, it is the other end of town to the Bangkok Rayong hospital,on the main Sukumvit Road, There are other private hospitals in Rayong however I haven't used any of them personally.

• Like 1

There is a government hospital in Rayong, I have only been there to visit a friend, it was very crowded, I understand that they have built a new hospital next door

but it is not open yet. My friend that was there had nothing but praise for the staff.

If you are living here already I would suggest you go and take a look yourself, it is the other end of town to the Bangkok Rayong hospital,on the main Sukumvit Road, There are other private hospitals in Rayong however I haven't used any of them personally.

Thank you thumbsup.gif They would speak English at that hospital, then?

I understand that some spoke English but it would be better if you went with a Thai speaker that could translate for you, as far as I could see English was not widely spoken.

Ok, thanks. wai2.gif

Queen Sirikit Hospital in Sattahip gets good reviews. But not much English spoken, and potentially long lines.

I know it's a long way, but I've been going to Phyathai in Sri Racha. Gavin is fantastic to work with and helps get all the necessary appointments setup for you. Plus, if necessary, has translators on hand...which one time was a necessity.

They also run specials on checkups. They do a pretty good job.

• Like 1