Looking for a dog/cat repeller

Kiniyeow

I've been trying to find a cat repeller to keep the local felines out of our yard and to keep them from crapping all over the place but haven't found any locally at several pet stores. Has anyone seen anything like the picture below.

mi3Apjy-EKx1EX5VquiAclg.jpg

Yes TV trolls, I know these are available online from Amazon, Ebay and just about every other online store, but I'm looking for a local solution so please refrain from useless comments.

Those ultrasound gadgets with strobes are real good for discharging expensive 9 volt batteries but that's about all.

Get a saucepan and some regular ground black pepper and boil it up. You can also add some cayenne or paprika powder for added 'zest'. Let the brown, murky mess cool down before running it through a sieve into a regular squirt/spray bottle. Best to wear rubber gloves as this stuff burns like the buggery if it gets in sensitive areas. Find out where the cats are making regular egress (look for mucky little padprints on either side of your walls) and find out where they like to shit most and spray this stuff liberally. Along the tops of boundary wall is also a good idea. It's good for ages and in my experience even though the efficacy may have worn off over the a few months and after rain, the cats remember and don't come back. If they do, respray.

Used coke bottles or the like filled with water works don't ask how or why but works.

These bottles lined up along a wall usually prevent soi dogs pissing on the wall. Cats ignore them.

My part-sighted old shih tzu knocks the neighbors water bottles over... then pisses on them. Good boy!

• Like 1

Not lined up just place a few within boundry whether it be the reflection of themselves that deters them i honestly can't say, but a cheap and cheerful way if it works,as it did for me way back in the uk protecting my veggies.

The water-filled bottles are 'thought' to frighten cats as the light reflects off of them. The average cat ignores them completely, or, as my cat used to do, rubs her head against them, marking her territory. Perhaps the only thing uglier in a garden than these bottles are car tires that have been turned inside out and used as 'decorative' planters.

Many cats dislike the smell of citronella, and often home centers/nurseries sell little wax balls scented with it to be tied with wire wraps to the lower stem of plants and bushes to keep cats away.

People have been seeking a perfect cat repellent for centuries and as yet not been successful.

Once cats come on to a piece of land and mark their territory, than as far as Tibbles is concerned it belongs to him.

Only sure way of keeping cats away is to get a dog.that hates cats.

We have two dogs and they hate cats but all they ever managed to do is make a ruckus whenever they saw a cat. The cats would just sit on the wall looking down on the dogs have conniptions. However, my pepper spray method makes sure the cats don't even come within sight. No yowling, no cat shit and no dogs barking either.

Well, not my dogs barking anyway.

I bought "animal away" from ebay UK and got it sent here. It was for my neighbour, and she (and me) wanted for shutting up the neighbour's dog. But when i got this device I realised its for keeping pets out of your garden (Durrrr). I wanted the 'ultrasonic' device. Its never been used (we both have cats) PM me if you'd like to buy it

These untrasound/strobe gadgets may work on a balcony or patio but for a yard (like the OP has), they are a total waste of money. They activate only when the cat walks within range of the device. If the cat is remotely bothered by it, it just goes and shits round the back of the house.

Well, I already have this and it works great on the cats when I see them in my yard and the dogs when I go for walks in the moo baan.

dazer2.jpg

I'm hoping between the portable device that I already have and an motion activated one for the yard, it will discourage the cats enough to go do their business someplace else.

What's wrong with a large rat trap with a tasty sardine hooked on?

Actually, best to construct a weighted trapping device which when activated by enclosed cat will drop into 55 gallon drum of water. Merits: cat is soon dead and out of sight. Device and cat noiseless as action takes place under water. Use at night, empty in morning, dispose of cat in plastic bag or freeze.

Where's my cat? Gotta tell a small lie here, but as far as his cat in your yard, ethics and morals take a second place to pragmatism. Yeah, i'm mean to outdoor cats coz they are a genuine menace to birds.