Most thaicom channels encrypted now where I can get smartcard?

Sandman77

Before I leave Thailand one week ago to cold farang land I updated the satellite receiver for my wife with latest channel data , and was shocked how many thaicom channel was unable to watch now no Mcot world akso channel 3 4 and 8 only black screen and much more all encrypted in biss

More then half of all was free to watch last year

My wife thinking that it's only temporary , because of lunch of dvb t 2 soon nation wide to boost the normal antenna receiver sale , maybe this channels now only a source for cable tv operators?

Any idea where I can get a smartcard for it mortally bis encrypted not have a smartcard , so not sure how public can watch thaicom now when most channel half black screen?

Defintely something wrong with the receiver (or simply outdated).

Here the family have three of these GMMz receivers.

Everything on they are looking for without subscription.package.

The simple box (without HD) costs 650 Baht.

http://www.bigc.co.th/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=GMMz

For the HD type you need a TV with HDMI connection.

Check first.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I expect you need a new box or updated firmware...and I'm assuming you are talking free-to-air C/KU band reception (much of which really ain't FTA anymore due to some encryption now used to meet govt pay-TV rules which went into affect last year) compared to some TV subscription service like True.

Right around the middle of last year when the govt started the switch I had a bunch of DynaSat Mini boxes which I had for about 5 years....they had been pullling in all the channels just fine over those years...after a few months as more and more channels began some encryption to satisfy new govt rules the box could only pull in around 50 channels compared to around the 300 before. Now on this particular box DynaSat had moved on to new boxes so there were no more firmware updates for my box model and this particular box didn't do OTA where channel updates and some firmware updates are provided.

So, I went out and bought a bunch of new boxes for about Bt500 each...I switched to LeoTech V809 V1S boxes since they came with a 2 year warranty and I heard they gave free firmware updates at their service centers whenever needed...and a couple of service centers were fairly close to me...I live in western Bangkok. So, with these boxes I got all the channels back. But around 6 months ago a good portion of the channels started disappearing again even though I was using OTA to automatically get update channel/firmware....heck I was getting a channel update every week or so. But as it turns out "all firmware" updates (not to be confused with channel/program updates) can not be received via OTA even through your OTA menu may imply such.

I took the boxes to the service center, they installed the update firmware while waiting (no charge), and all the channels were back...the tech said there was something about this firmware update which could not be provided via OTA....I think he was saying "major" firmware updates could not come via OTA. I know some may think something fishy was going on, but I don't think so...it was simply major firmware updates that could not be provided via OTA. Apparently this major firmware update was once again driven by major changes in govt rules as they govt does the switch from analog to digital TV services in Thailand which also includes licensing, pay TV, etc....a complicate process.

And to tell you the truth about the update at the service center, I only took one box but told the tech all six of my boxes had the same issue which they did...I just took one box along in case I had to wait days to get the box back.. He updated that box while I waited (took about 2 minutes) and then gave me a small cable used to interconnect two boxes to use one box (the master box) to update another box (the slave box) and he showed me how. I already knew how to do this as I had been doing it with my DynaSat boxes to sync/make identical the channel order among the boxes. You can buy the interconnection cable for Bt20 a satellite equipment stores. I took that one box back and updated my other boxes...two of the other boxes were actually at the mother-in-law's home. As of this date, all channels are still available....sometimes new ones show up....and some go out of business....nothing static about C/KU band channels many of which seem to be mom-and-pop run channels. All is fine now after getting the firmware update.

I've also got a couple of in-laws with old PSI boxes when have the same problem as my old DynaSat boxes...that is, PSI moved on with new model boxes and is not providing firmware updates for certain model boxes.

• 2 weeks later...

Can some one send me this Thaicom biss box to Europe? Now holiday in my home over European summer I can receive thaicom here also with a large 3 meter channel master dish importer from the us long time ago

So the information about this box come to late !

Maybe someone can send me one plz send pm thanks !