Golf Lessons In Bangkok

Old Man River

My 8 year old has been taking private golf lessons from a licensed PGA teaching pro. While he is a good instructor, due to injury, he has no way of visually showing my daughter what a good swing looks like. I could show her what a bad swing looks like, but that would only confuse her. Also, since the teaching pro instructs at various driving ranges, he does not have access to an office where he could use video tape.

Does anyone know of a place in the Bangna - Srinakarin area where they have good instruction and use video?

Thanks in advance.

My 8 year old has been taking private golf lessons from a licensed PGA teaching pro. While he is a good instructor, due to injury, he has no way of visually showing my daughter what a good swing looks like. I could show her what a bad swing looks like, but that would only confuse her. Also, since the teaching pro instructs at various driving ranges, he does not have access to an office where he could use video tape.

Does anyone know of a place in the Bangna - Srinakarin area where they have good instruction and use video?

Thanks in advance.

Great thing to do to get your daughter playing so early. I started to play when i was 13 and got to a fairly low handicap - however, the speed that some of the juniors from my club improved was frightening - one lad went from a 36 handicap to 14 in 9 months. The best players (county level and better) had all started playing before the age of 10.

Unfortunately i don't know anywhere specifically around Bang Na that does the instruction you're after, however, plonk her in front of the TV for the Ryder Cup and tell her to watch closely. Make her close her eyes whenever Jim Furyk appears on the TV :o

Thanks in advance.

Great thing to do to get your daughter playing so early. I started to play when i was 13 and got to a fairly low handicap - however, the speed that some of the juniors from my club improved was frightening - one lad went from a 36 handicap to 14 in 9 months. The best players (county level and better) had all started playing before the age of 10.

Unfortunately i don't know anywhere specifically around Bang Na that does the instruction you're after, however, plonk her in front of the TV for the Ryder Cup and tell her to watch closely. Make her close her eyes whenever Jim Furyk appears on the TV :o

Thanks for the advice on Furyk, although I should be so lucky that she finds a swing that works that she can repeat over and over. Right now, until she learns enough to get out on a course, golf lessons are a grind for her. This is one of the reasons why I want her to get with a coach where she can see visually what she is doing and what should be done. Having said that, actually, she isn't bad at all. As you said, the earlier you start the better, and as you know, golf is a sport you can play with friends for the rest of your life. I have some leads now on where to take her.

Best regards,

OMR

Go To Seacon Square located at Srinakarin....

there is a sports video shop located at 2nd floor.. The shopping center is very big so you will have to look for it.. The shop is selling football/sports posters books,video'a and other sports soveniours

ive noticed they are selling Golf coaching vcd's/Dvd's in English ....

There are at least driving ranges who are well equipted.

1. In Piyarom complex , next to Sukhumvit Soi101/1 , they just renovated so have all the latest equipment.

2. The one behind Seacon Square , driving range and a short 9 par 3 holes.

There are a couple of more driving ranges in the area , but they might not be well equipted.

Thanks for the advice. I was at Seacon yesterday and know the shop. I have never gone in as it looked like it was just selling posters and videos of soccer clubs and players. I will check it out. On Piyarom, this is one of the places I was thinking about. Originally, this is where we were going to go for private lessons, but my daughter was put off as it is so busy. However, I would be surprised if they didn't have video tape facilities. Also, while she has progressed nicely, we think she will have more fun in a small group and I know Piyarom gives lessons to small groups.

Once she gets to a comfort point, the par 3 behind Seacon would be a lot of fun.

Again, thanks for the advice.

Not in Bangna so dont know if it helps, Glen in Soi 26 "Aree Golf" range, does Video, very helpful, when he compared my swing to a Proffesional, it was very embarassing, but at least I know what a good one looks like now

Thanks for the advice. I know the driving range. Will try for something closer to us, but good to know they have the capability.

Is RCA to far away for you.

Great driving range, I am pretty sure they have the video stuff.

Great instructor, a Thai with an Australian accent....I met him last week, he is giving my Son lessons

RCA is a bit out of the way. However, still good to know if I can't find a good teacher with video capabilities closer to home.

Thanks,

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe Ekamai is closer to you and they have an excellent Thai instructor there called OHM who speaks very good English.

I have seen him teching children on numerous occasions and he seems very patient and understanding.

His number is 0863574912

He would also prove useful to any adults wanting lessons and NO i am not on commission i just know a good instructor when i see one.

Good luck

Try and watch the ladies tour on TV when you can as they make it look so easy.

Maybe Ekamai is closer to you and they have an excellent Thai instructor there called OHM who speaks very good English.

I have seen him teching children on numerous occasions and he seems very patient and understanding.

His number is 0863574912

He would also prove useful to any adults wanting lessons and NO i am not on commission i just know a good instructor when i see one.

Good luck

Thanks Sheppy, I will give Khun Ohm a call as Ekamai will work for us. We will be going to the Honda Classic and we (Ok, I) look forward to this.

Thanks again,

OMR

• 1 month later...

His number is 0863574912

Good luck

Do you know how much he charges for a lesson?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks in advance.

There is a guy named Monk at Green Valley, Bang Na kilo 15. A very nice Thai guy who has worked int he states with David Ledbetter