Jomtien immigration/Certificate of Residence

Hi.

I am in the process of looking at opening a bank account. Yesterday Kasikorn told me I need a year on my visa ( I have TR Visa )

On BkkBank website it looks like they will allow me to open a simple account ( ATM access ) with my passport and a certificate of residence. I found out that I could get a certificate of residence from Immigration at Jomtien, only to read elsewhere that only a few days ago this service has stopped and any foreigner now has to go to their respective embassy in Bangkok . . .

If anyone can shed any light on this that would be good, although I will most likely be going to try and get my C.R. tomorrow so will be back on to let you know how it went.

I am only applying for C.R. so I can open a bank account, not because I want to buy a car or sell a speedboat!! Although Im not to sure if my reasons will help sway their decision in my favour. I may look at taking my driving test here in the future, but as for now, i just need it for the bank account

I tried another branch of Kasikorn who told me the same info as the branch in BigC yesterday, so I went into Bangkok Bank in Central Festival on 2nd road and was told my TR visa is not a problem, so I need to go to immigration on Soi 5 in Jomtien, get a form of proof of residence and return to the bank with 500baht to open the account.

I hope it proves to be that simple

There is one post saying no and another one yes.

The one saying no office is doing them is certainly wrong.

Apparantly the guy from the FB post says that people were told they have to travel to their respective countries embassies in BKK to get the residency forms there, if that is true, Im not sure the embassies will be so thrilled. I know Im not

Best thing is to go in and ask them, I have always found them very helpful at Jomtien. They were certainly doing them earlier this year, last time I got one the price was 200 or 300 Baht.

Yes I got mine also.

I filled in the box next to where you tick the box for driving license by putting bank account application as reason for applying for the certificate. I left it with him, paid my 300 baht and went to wait outside. While outside I was wandering if he had also ticked the box for the driving part. He dug it out and that box was not ticked so I asked him to do that for me aswell as I didnt want to leave and have to come back at a later date and do it all again.

He charged me another 200 baht. Not sure if that is normal procedure but hey, Im happy to get it and will be applying for my bank account tomorrow and will be taking my driving test in the near future - happy days