Bangkok Administration to draw up plan to cope with possible AIDS spread

webfact

BMA to draw up plan to cope with possible AIDS spread

28-4-2558-17-12-00-wpcf_728x411.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration is drawing up a new plan to cope with possible resurgence of AIDS outbreak.

Latest statistics show that the number of AIDS sufferers in Bangkok alone totals over 60,000 with 60 percent of them being identified as gays.

As of this year, 3,341 people have died of AIDS whereas 1,771 new cases were reported and of these, 1.066 are gays representing 60 percent. There are also 259 cases of wives who contracted the disease from their husbands. There are also 162 cases of intravenous drug users who were diagnosed positive for AIDS.’

Among the new AIDS cases, 974 of them are under 25 years old.

The health office of the city administration is concerned that the increase of new AIDS cases may signal the return of the disease outbreak and, hence, precautionary measures are necessary to cope with the situation.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bma-to-draw-up-plan-to-cope-with-possible-aids-spread

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-04-28

Do i read that Numbers right that if i take the 1066 Gays (no wife or at least not sexually active because then they would not be gay but bisexual) and the 162 IV Druggies out its 543 case left and about half (259) is wifes who say they did get it from their husband ?

Somehow i dont believe the total numbers ( BKK has less new HIV cases per person and year than Germany ? are they trying to bullshit me ?) anymore than the other stats they publish.

All the girls say its from the husband because as a good Thai wife cheating it not possible at all ( why do i KNOW for a fact that most are very available for a fling if you treat them nice ? And why do i know that if i dont bring the rubbers the cheating wifes for sure dont bring any even if they KNOW the date will end with sex for sure ? ).

But most likely as long as they teach their girls in school that they can only get STD's from going with foreigners and not from Thais (i did see big Side of the Street Ads about that in Phuket about 8-10 years ago) they will never get that problem under control ;-)

If the Govt and BMA is serious about AIDs...do the following:

a) Target the gay community firsts......stop helping or subsidizing medical costs for gays as most of them have an irresponsible lifestyle of being promiscious and having multiple partners. This group of people should be penalised.(ps: I am gay myself and am not homophobic and I have seen enough of wahts happenning in the local gay communities!). Ban all sites promoting sexual services for money ie goggle gboysiam, tmm society, camfrog gay rooms, grindr applications, hornet applications, craiglists thailand, etc).Educate them that having sex between thais and thais alone doe snot stop HIv neither is having sex only with other Asians. Total solution is to restrain and have only monogamous relationships practsing safe sex. Ban all Gay Saunas, Sex Massage Joints, Ago go bars , etc and also raid the gay crusing areas like Saranom Park, Tesco Onnut, etc.

There are lots of strait thai guys who are really hopeless and will sell their dicks or <deleted> to gays to get monies and then come back home and pass it to their wives or girlfriends.

Eradicate Sex tourists.

There was recently a gay Songkran event in which a lot of Singaporean Chinese, Malaysian Chinese, Indonesian and Fillipinos, Taiwanese etc were in town and casual sex and drugs were promoted at a lot ofthe fringe events. A lot of these tourists were HIV carriers coming here to spread the virus. The organisers and promoters and hotel venues of these events should be brought to justice and punishment.

• Like 1

a) Target the gay community firsts......stop helping or subsidizing medical costs for gays as most of them have an irresponsible lifestyle of being promiscious and having multiple partners. This group of people should be penalised.(ps: I am gay myself and am not homophobic and I have seen enough of wahts happenning in the local gay communities!). Ban all sites promoting sexual services for money ie goggle gboysiam, tmm society, camfrog gay rooms, grindr applications, hornet applications, craiglists thailand, etc).Educate them that having sex between thais and thais alone doe snot stop HIv neither is having sex only with other Asians. Total solution is to restrain and have only monogamous relationships practsing safe sex. Ban all Gay Saunas, Sex Massage Joints, Ago go bars , etc and also raid the gay crusing areas like Saranom Park, Tesco Onnut, etc.

There are lots of strait thai guys who are really hopeless and will sell their dicks or <deleted> to gays to get monies and then come back home and pass it to their wives or girlfriends.

Eradicate Sex tourists.

There was recently a gay Songkran event in which a lot of Singaporean Chinese, Malaysian Chinese, Indonesian and Fillipinos, Taiwanese etc were in town and casual sex and drugs were promoted at a lot ofthe fringe events. A lot of these tourists were HIV carriers coming here to spread the virus. The organisers and promoters and hotel venues of these events should be brought to justice and punishment.

Nick 167, you are such an idiot. They need to educate the regular Thai population that HIV does not spread like a flu and HIV+ people will not give you HIV with touching, charing utensils or food in other word daily life contact. Then maybe the discrimination against Thai HIV + will stop and they are willing to get tested, and get on medication so they don't contract AIDS. The total number of people with AIDS are high but it also include the individuals with T-cell account over 200 and as long as they take their medication they will be able and live a normal life and their T-cells will race but they are still counted as AIDS patient. (As soon your T-cells go under 200 you are counted as having AIDS and with medication the T-Cells will go higher but you still have AIDS) That's one of the reason that the AIDS number is so high. People that die usually die from other illness that they get because of low immune system not by AIDS itself.

Bar bar girls and boys are tested but there are still foreigner that go for the cheap sex outside the bars or go go clubs and the risk to get HIV is higher.

If HIV+ people start medication early new AIDS cases should be fewer and the count would stay like it is, and with protection it would be possible to lower the new HIV + cases.

In the west and the Philippines HIV is going up and that have a lot to do with the younger population and Catholics don't like to use condoms. Also some people feel that with the new and better medications it's no reason to protect them selfs since less and less people in the west contract AIDS and even now with the medication AIDS is not a death sentence as it was 15 years ago.

• Like 1

Eradicate Sex tourists.

Well I am not gay and pretty conservative but what you want is very drastic.

Having multiple partner shouldn't be a problem if wearing condoms. Sexual services for money (gay or not gay) exist as long as people exist, even monkeys have something like that. So I don't think you have the even smallest chance to get rid of it.

The only solution is condoms and maybe expensive anti AIDS drugs.

• Like 1

Nick 167 You really r an Idiot preaching like this, go back home and live in your Hovel!

Even I don't agree with Nick167, at least he is posting his opinion and not only calling others idiots

Don't know if people understand my previous post I will give a example.

I have a close friend, a lady that worked in a bar and contracted HIV but we're not tested, she went back to eesan to take care of her dying mother and spent 2 months with her mother at a local hospital. During these 2 months she had contracted TB from other sick patients, when she came back yo Pattaya she got sick and was admitted to hospital for TB and they did a HIV test and she had 147 T-Cells. Now it was not HIV it was AIDS. She was treated for her TB and also got medication for HIV. Today her T-Cells are 540 well over the 200 and she is stable and her TB is treated. She now works and live in eesan but have to travel every 3 month to Pattaya or Bangkok to get her check up and medication for free. She can however get free medication and check up in Eesan but with the way the people gossip she is afraid that the people she work with and people in her village will freeze her out if they find out she have AIDS. They are ok with TB but not with HIV / AIDS. And because her T-cells was 147 she will always be in the count of people AIDS but she can live a normal life with her husband and kids. She's not a isolated case it's many of these here in Thailand and rest of the world.

It's here the education need to come in, not punishment and discrimination and travel restrictions for HIV positive people. HIV positive will unfortunately be more and live longer and they need to be able to live a normal life and travel just as people with cancer or other illnesses.

I'm afraid catweazle is right about one thing, it will be blamed on the farangs. The dear leader does not like us. During the condom campaign AIDS was on a decline. There are better medicines available now, but how many get diagnosed in time? It seems that life expectancy is short here once diagnosed. It is most prevalent among Thais but there was a farang dude here in Udon who died from it a few weeks ago. From what I here, I didn't know him but know several that did quiet well, he never stopped being a dog until the end. Meaning he may have infected much of the bar girl population of Udon. Another reason for those of you thinking to come up here to stay away. That was the semi-joke part. The condom campaign died out after Bush paid a visit to his buddy Thaksin as did late closing of bars (for a time). When I first came here a lady would not go with you if you did not use a condom, not so much anymore. Still the main problem is Thai/Thai. A young man I met in my wife's ville died last year from AIDS, he liked ladyboys. Oh and Nick 167, never mind, the mods would remove for what I have to say to people like you, troglodyte

The guy who said gays should deny treatment is an idiot. Studies have shown that going on medication prevents the spread of hiv. The latest one even goes as far as to say it's impossible for a positive guy with 'undetectable' viral load due to treatment to actually infect a negative partner. http://www.queerty.com/study-undetectable-guys-do-not-transmit-hiv-to-negative-sex-partners-20140305/ so actually denying treatment would cause a dramatic increase in the spread of hiv.

I'm afraid catweazle is right about one thing, it will be blamed on the farangs. The dear leader does not like us. During the condom campaign AIDS was on a decline. There are better medicines available now, but how many get diagnosed in time? It seems that life expectancy is short here once diagnosed. It is most prevalent among Thais but there was a farang dude here in Udon who died from it a few weeks ago. From what I here, I didn't know him but know several that did quiet well, he never stopped being a dog until the end. Meaning he may have infected much of the bar girl population of Udon. Another reason for those of you thinking to come up here to stay away. That was the semi-joke part. The condom campaign died out after Bush paid a visit to his buddy Thaksin as did late closing of bars (for a time). When I first came here a lady would not go with you if you did not use a condom, not so much anymore. Still the main problem is Thai/Thai. A young man I met in my wife's ville died last year from AIDS, he liked ladyboys. Oh and Nick 167, never mind, the mods would remove for what I have to say to people like you, troglodyte

Oh so you mean to say Bush came here to meet Thaksin and told him to stop the condom campaign?

Don't know if people understand my previous post I will give a example.

I have a close friend, a lady that worked in a bar and contracted HIV but we're not tested, she went back to eesan to take care of her dying mother and spent 2 months with her mother at a local hospital. During these 2 months she had contracted TB from other sick patients, when she came back yo Pattaya she got sick and was admitted to hospital for TB and they did a HIV test and she had 147 T-Cells. Now it was not HIV it was AIDS. She was treated for her TB and also got medication for HIV. Today her T-Cells are 540 well over the 200 and she is stable and her TB is treated. She now works and live in eesan but have to travel every 3 month to Pattaya or Bangkok to get her check up and medication for free. She can however get free medication and check up in Eesan but with the way the people gossip she is afraid that the people she work with and people in her village will freeze her out if they find out she have AIDS. They are ok with TB but not with HIV / AIDS. And because her T-cells was 147 she will always be in the count of people AIDS but she can live a normal life with her husband and kids. She's not a isolated case it's many of these here in Thailand and rest of the world.

It's here the education need to come in, not punishment and discrimination and travel restrictions for HIV positive people. HIV positive will unfortunately be more and live longer and they need to be able to live a normal life and travel just as people with cancer or other illnesses.

You mean the amount of T-cells is the ko criterion for AIDS label?

No additional antibody tests?

Edited by micmichd

Antibody tests are only for hiv diagnosis. Aids is not a virus it's just a condition brought on due to the HIV virus. Once your cd4 level drops below 250 you have aids, regardless of any other factors. There is no aids virus and therefore no aids antibodies, only hiv antibodies.

For those of you who do not understand my posts...its simple.....should not the local gays be more responsible instead of indulging in frequent casual unprotected sex. They have such behavioural habits and yet we are to sympathise or help them??????? I am not homophobic.....I am gay myself ...in a happy monogamous relationship with a local thai guy for years. Furthermore ...local straight males simply for the sake of money are also selling and having unprotected sex with the local gays and further compounding the problem. Should not drastic actions be taken. Most of the local gays guys are educated and the various health organisations have done their best in educating these people about safe sex and the effects of HIV and AIDs but yet they simply ignore it. Should tax payers monies be wasted on such people?

I hope that some of the posters that commented....were educated enough to read my comments and then comment. About the medical aspects of HIV and AIDs, I do understand it all....comment to the point please and no need to call people idiots if you cannot even fathom what my comments were about. Reflects about yourself.

Looking at the numbers in OP and assuming that most male Farangs are here for sex, and also assuming that sexual intercourse takes two partners, and still assuming that AIDS or HIV is sexuallt transmitted, leaves one conclusion:

Thai women have rarely unprotected sex with various males, ie heterosexual promiscuity is getting less dangerous here.

Guess we better don't rely on this.

Edited by micmichd

Nick167 casual sex is not a problem if you use protection. It's none of anybody's business how many sexual partners have. You have a valid point in regards to unprotected sex but if people use protection then they are already being responsible regardless of how many casual partners they have. If you prefer to be monogamous then good for you but you have no right to tell others how to manage their sex life, and being monogamous doesn't make you superior to other gays. Judging promiscuous people is part of what marginalises them and causes dangerous behaviours. Promote safe sex and nothing more.

I don't understand all this nitpicking about hiv, aids, t cells above, below. The worst part I read is the casual reference to "you can live a happy ,healthy life with hiv and medication". Oh ,and the medication is free, as an added selling point.

Abominable, what people are promoting on this discussion. Ask any hiv sufferer if they are happy being on medication for the rest of their lives. Happy with doctors visits and regular blood tests for their lives. It is a huge burden on the sufferer , family and friends. There is nothing nice about hiv, aids. And it is a pathetic play on words "he didn't die from aids" he died from an immune deficiency or a cancer caused by the aids. People with hiv and or aids should be promoting the prevention of the disease to young people and telling the truth about how crap their lives are since being diagnosed. It is a horrible disease and no amount of medical breakthrough should allow it to be promoted ,coveted or embraced as a welcome addition to society.

Abstinence, condoms, monogamy and good hygiene of blood paraphernalia is the best way to bring the numbers down.

Abstinence is not healthy, it causes vegetative dystony. Monogamy is doubtful. Condoms should be an absolute must for promiscuous sex. Promiscues women do not only protect themselves but also their unborn babies.

Farangs should get an HIV test after unprotected sex. Also take into consideration the incubation time for HIV / AIDS.

Certainly best: avoid it, by safe sex.

Thank you Micmichd clarifying with a sensible response rather than the judgemental call for abstinence. It was my point also. Let's be realistic, safe sex is the key not abstinence or monogamy (if monogamy doesn't suit you). Stigmatising certain behaviours just leads to more problems.