LG Television Time Machine only for recording from Antenna?

fvw53

I had the last 8 years an excellent LG television set with Time Shift (to repeat ongoing broadcasts) and Time Machine to set recording on a certain date and hours (I was recording Truevision TV from the AV input)

Now I have since a few days a new LG television 55LB582T and I now I can only use Time Machine to set the recording from the Antenna input which provides up to 43 Thai digital channels which are of no use to me.

As I do not speak Thai I was unable to get any decent explanation why I could no longer choose the AV input to program a recording time.

a) have other TV members experience with this problem?

B) LG does no longer provide fully printed user manuals and the "user guide" to be found in the TV settings does not clarify that Time Machine recording is now only from the Antenna input : does anybody know where to download the complete "user manual" rather than the limited set up manual?

I can use Time Shift and I have connected to a television USB input a 500 GB external hard disk : but when I try to connect the same hard disk afterwards to my desktop PC ...Windows 7 ....does not recognize this hard disk so that cannot even format it. Does anybody have experience with this issue?

I was familiar with this link to download the so-called "user manual" but it is nothing more than an installation guide after the television set is delivered at your house.

There is no instruction - printed or online - on how to operate the television (as was the case in my 8 year old LG television) and for me most important ...no explanation on how to operate the recording through the Time Machine and why I can no longer record from Truevision via the AV input.

However I appreciate very much your effort to help me.

I was familiar with this link to download the so-called "user manual" but it is nothing more than an installation guide after the television set is delivered at your house.

There is no instruction - printed or online - on how to operate the television (as was the case in my 8 year old LG television) and for me most important ...no explanation on how to operate the recording through the Time Machine and why I can no longer record from Truevision via the AV input.

However I appreciate very much your effort to help me.

There are two links; a manual and a user guide.

Did you try them both?

And what about the firmware?

Yes I did try them both : the user guide in the link you provided is the same as one can see in Smart TV section of the LG Television.

This user guide is the same for all models of the LG LB58** series and to be used in many countries.

The "Progamme Guide" from which to select when you living Thailand does not offer anything else than the 43 free Thai Digital Channels.

See attachment.

I start to suspect that Truevisions no longer wants to be recorded with use of LG Time Machine (this could be to enforce its own Truevisions PVR) : if this is correct than the information provided on the internet about LG Time Machine is misleading in Thailand and I regret I bought this television.

post-65383-0-86574600-1430381343_thumb.j