Would you buy a smartphone from Lazada online shopping

gillap

Hi,

I am thinking of ordering a Samsung phone

from Lazada! I was wondering if anyone has bought from Lazada and what was the experience

like? I've read that the after sale support

Is very poor! Any comments?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, excellent . Bought dog bed, they sent wrong bed.

Over 1 month to collect it back, 3 weeks of " we not received " and now over a month and still no refund.

So 3 months and I have no bed and no refund .

Totally professional with great service

I just ordered a BenQ monitor ... they sent the wrong one :(

Eventually they did come and take it back (15 days not the 2 as promised) and I am awaiting refund now.

So I for one will not chance them again

I did think it was highly amusing trying to work out why no sound was coming out of the internal speakers eventually realising the basic model had none ;)

I've bought loads of stuff over the last year including a Lenovo s930 smartphone, all in one deskop computer, desk lamps...all were delivered promptly & securely. They call you on the day of delivery to give you a delivery time & also follow up with a customer service questionnaire email.

If you sign up for their newsletter, or check their website every day, they regularly have 10% off coupons or similar available & they also have other discounts for using Mastercard, pre-paid shopping cards etc.

With the low prices & coupons, I got my phone for half the price of what it would have cost in Tesco. smile.png

Last month I ordered a Samsung camera, price about 10K baht. First time order. I used a Thai credit card. I received my camera, from a shop in Hong Kong, in about 1 week (they did not have the colour I wanted in stock initially). I for one am very impressed with Lazada.

I would not buy online an article that I can get almost everywhere.

Except the price would be very much cheaper (saving thousands), which I doubt.

I only buy online very special articles not to be found in the shops in my area or crazy overpriced.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I would recommend iTruemart online, which is the largest online shop in Thailand besides Lazada. I bought my Galaxy S5 from them and saved money and very fast, free delivery to Pattaya. Now I buy all my stuff at iTruemart, even stuff that I normally would buy at Big C or Powebuy. I save money every time.

Edited by balo

Sure! I've bought several Samsung's through them! No problem! First one was prepaid the others were COD!

If you notice, only the imports have no warranty. They're clearly identified. That's because Samsung Thailand does not support phones from other regions.

In addition to them being cheaper, you don't have to run around to see who locally stocks the model you're interested in.

I didn't have any luck with those guys looking for a Nikon DSLR . not only did they not get back with me on a 30,000 baht purchace so I could ask anyone some questions about the camera. they never even called Alisa which speaks Thai. I found the same camera from their vendor & it was 900 baht cheaper & if I bought from them they would ship it out the same day. You can get the same phone anywhere in Pattaya Com city is loaded with vendors & you can see & ask about the product.

Lazada often times does not offer the same warranty service. So if it breaks you have no idea if Somchai the Som Tom cook is repairing it or a real technician.that has some factory training. I found them to be a 1 out of 10 the limp rating! Other than that I can order on EBAY online to China & get cheaper products delivered as a gift quicker & I can converse & inquire about things & they will always get back with me. I just don't feel any love with this company & I felt they would dropkick me to the curb when I had a problem.

So here you go OP, out of 11 posts, 3 people had nothing but unpleasant experience.

PS. This was not my first purchase, but is the last, as each time something goes wrong, they always make sure to make it into a bigger problem and stretch it for as long as possible

So here you go OP, out of 11 posts, 3 people had nothing but unpleasant experience.

PS. This was not my first purchase, but is the last, as each time something goes wrong, they always make sure to make it into a bigger problem and stretch it for as long as possible

Keep trying Konying but that is still 73% satisfied or better and If a few of us add up all our purchases it will be nearer 90% satisfaction.

You are jinxed, don't use Lazada, but don't try and poison other peoples minds.

Ra Ra for Lazada clap2.gif

Bought mine 3 months ago very happy. Same with Nikon camera.

Same with LG television x2.

Same with half a dozen small items.

Your kidding right the 36000 baht camera is only 22,000 baht in the U.S.directly from Nikon D5300 withe the 18-140 lens kit. with a 5 year warranty on the lens Nikon authorized & a 1 year on the camera body. Maybe as a point & shoot but I don't see why anyone would want to buy a pro or a semi pro camera from just a warehouse.

Items purchased from Lazada no problems

Items purchased by resellers on Lazzada such as IT city or Dell no problem.

Items purchased from small retailers on Lazada I will only do for small items and not for things like phones and electronics many of which are grey market and have no real guarantee.

Keep trying Konying but that is still 73% satisfied or better and If a few of us add up all our purchases it will be nearer 90% satisfaction.

You are jinxed, don't use Lazada, but don't try and poison other peoples minds.

Ra Ra for Lazada clap2.gif

Do not try to poison other people's mind?

Have you actually bothered to read at all?

All 3 have had similar experience, wrong products sent, moths of <deleted> around and waiting for refunds.

No problem, keep on buying, until you have a problem, but then do not make posts how to deal with it or what to dothumbsup.gif

it can not be emphasized enough that buying at lazada means in most cases actually NOT buying at lazada, as the deal is "fulfilled by Company 123telecom" or something.

To be on the safe side, only buy if LAZADA is the actual seller (you can see that when you click the item you want to buy).

basically lazada is same as amazon's marketplace. and at lazada, you have no chance to get any sort of information about the company you are dealing with. I would say that in the electronics / IT section, 90% of the items are NOT "sold and fulfilled" by lazada

I have ordered around 20 times from Lazada. Like Harry wrote, look first who offers the product, Lazada or a reseller.

Positive:

• Until today I had not once a wrong item delivered.
  • If the product is offered by Lazada (not reseller) they usually very fast.
  • often huge savings

My last order was a TV

Price on Lazada 21000 THB http://www.lazada.co.th/lg-led-smart-tv-50-50lb582t-210189.html

Price in Powerbuy 28990 THB http://www.powerbuy.co.th/th/electronics/tv/d-led-3d-50-lg-50lb650t-smar.html

I had a 1000 THB discount coupon from Lazada, so all in all I saved almost 10000 THB with that single purchase. The TV was delivered within 24h.

Negative:

• Pay close attention if the product comes with the original guarantee, if you need that. Especially phones on Lazada come often without the manufacture guarantee.

Three month ago I ordered a Samsung Note 4 for 16000 THB. By that time the phone was around 23000 THB in most shops. The phone is a "Toyota" edition, so Samsung Thailand will not provide any guarantee for that product, if you not have the right document from Toyota.

I knew that when I ordered the phone.

If I order online I always pay by credit card. If there is a problem with the delivery I can contact the bank for a chargeback.
Happened in all the years only once with a CDiscount order, because I was not happy about to wait 1 month for a refund for a not fulfilled order.

I would not buy a phone from a small shop in Tukcom because they also sale very often the grey imports but don`t tell the customer about it.

I have ordered around 20 times from Lazada. Like Harry wrote, look first who offers the product, Lazada or a reseller.

Positive:

• Until today I had not once a wrong item delivered.
  • If the product is offered by Lazada (not reseller) they usually very fast.
  • often huge savings

My last order was a TV

Price on Lazada 21000 THB http://www.lazada.co.th/lg-led-smart-tv-50-50lb582t-210189.html

Price in Powerbuy 28990 THB http://www.powerbuy.co.th/th/electronics/tv/d-led-3d-50-lg-50lb650t-smar.html

I had a 1000 THB discount coupon from Lazada, so all in all I saved almost 10000 THB with that single purchase. The TV was delivered within 24h.

Negative:

• Pay close attention if the product comes with the original guarantee, if you need that. Especially phones on Lazada come often without the manufacture guarantee.

Three month ago I ordered a Samsung Note 4 for 16000 THB. By that time the phone was around 23000 THB in most shops. The phone is a "Toyota" edition, so Samsung Thailand will not provide any guarantee for that product, if you not have the right document from Toyota.

I knew that when I ordered the phone.

If I order online I always pay by credit card. If there is a problem with the delivery I can contact the bank for a chargeback.

Happened in all the years only once with a CDiscount order, because I was not happy about to wait 1 month for a refund for a not fulfilled order.

I would not buy a phone from a small shop in Tukcom because they also sale very often the grey imports but don`t tell the customer about it.

Shame actually that the tv's you compare as having saved 10.000 Bht. are not the same tv. coffee1.gif

The one in the Powerbuy link is 3D, while the Lazada one isn't.

Edited by Anthony5

Yes I concur, order with a credit card, gives you extra protection.

Lazzada does not accept foreign credit cards, and not too sure if Thai bank issued ones have the charge back.

I am not too sure, but remember reading somewhere, charge backs are not possible with Thai Banks

I inquired about a particular brand of Watch from LAZADA, for weeks I was deluged with mail from them every time I opened my computer.

Checked the prices they were offering against those at Robinson Airport Plaza. Robinson was slightly cheaper for the same brand and type that I wanted for my daughter. I didn't have to wait for it to be sent, risk it being the wrong watch or run into a delay in delivery...if I need After Sales Service, I just have to drop it into Robinson and not go through the trials of posting the thing back to LAZADA and waiting for whatever may happen from that point on.