Where To Buy A Safe

CRUNCHER

Anyone know a good, reliable shop where I can buy a good quality safe?

Index is ridiculously expensive, There is one shop on Thepprasit near Soi 9, but I would like to find a couple of others to compare prices and quality.

Thanks.

Buy just about everywhere, Homepro, Homeworks, Thai Watsadu, all the DIYs, and have seen kiosks at Big C, Tesco. I see no need to go to a specialty shop unless you have some special need. Cost is a function of size, features (digital?), and length of fire protection /rating.

Edited by ThaiBob

Safes are pointless. A thief will just take the entire safe and rip it open. Look into diversion safes.

yeah right! safes which weigh 245 kilos and are screwed down in concrete are especially easy to "take" and rip them open.

joke aside... all safes i saw for sale in Pattaya are rather easy to crack. only models with a lock/key shown in this picture are "safe".

post-35218-0-19336800-1430400589_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies folks.

Should have said I require a fireproof safe. I am just as worried about losing chanotes and other documents to fire as I am to cash and valuables to a burglar.

Tried 7/11, but they are out of stock for a few weeks.

There is a bunch of shops selling safes on Naklua Rd (?) going from Sukhumvit to Naklua, not far from the post office. They're all run by ethnic Indians so you will be able to communicate in proper English.

Just trying to get an idea of what the price for a decent fireproof safe would be.

A 50 kg model (combination of key lock and dial wheel), 2h fire resistant, 5200 Baht:

http://www.nsboffice.com/productdetail-gid-1814.aspx

Thats similar to what we have.

50 kg is fairly lightweight with the obvious disadvantage.

Advantage: you could probably get it home alone or with family/close friends.

The less people know that you have a safe the better it is.

Don't like the idea of some anonymous helpers moving it in.

Anyone has a good idea how to secure mount such a thing to a wall or floor?

Of course as it is fireproof you don't have boreholes for anchors or the like.

• Like 1

Opp. Foodland, a bit further up from Wattana. Excellent choice, fair price & good after-service if anything goes wrong. MS>

Thanks for the replies and this tip.

"My Safe" (indeed opposite Foodland). Wide selection and reasonable prices. Woman there speaks excellent English and knows the products she is selling. More than can be said for Home Pro. Huge difference in price and the staff knew nothing about the safes they were selling. They couldn't even open some of the safes. .

• Like 2

Opp. Foodland, a bit further up from Wattana. Excellent choice, fair price & good after-service if anything goes wrong. MS>

Thanks for the replies and this tip.

"My Safe" (indeed opposite Foodland). Wide selection and reasonable prices. Woman there speaks excellent English and knows the products she is selling. More than can be said for Home Pro. Huge difference in price and the staff knew nothing about the safes they were selling. They couldn't even open some of the safes. .

Great, glad it worked out. I have been buying from her for years and was never let down. Have a nice Sunday. MS>

Hate to say, but Lazada has a few choices at pretty good prices.

Also Chubb has a good choice.

As for being able to carry it, well i got a 50kg safe and i can tell you its not as easy as some may think. 2 people struggle to carry it, so for thief it would not be an easy task

Now the one i got is a scrolling combo, plus a key. Again if i piss the number by a mm, i have to restart again.