3BB fibre installation / activation time in Hua Hin

roly

Hi,

just had 3BB's fibre optic installed (or fiber for the Americans on here), 30 Mbps, 3 Mbps uplink.

They installed the cable and router on Saturday just gone, and said to wait a few days for activation as the link lights on the router show "LOS" loss of service, and the PON (passive optical network) light is not on either.

It's now Thursday and it's exactly the same with no connection yet. I've logged into the router and can see that there is no PPoE active and there's no signal on the line, so it's not a settings issue on the router. I'm assuming they still have to do something on their end in the servers/data centre (or maybe more cabling somewhere in the street) to activate.

My question is, how long does it normally take after the cable and router has been installed to actually come on and work? Is 5 days normal? (it's been 4 working days) or not? I asked my Thai g.f. to ask at 3BB in market village, but the answer I received was useless ('they will come and look'), as I basically wanted to know the typical time to wait. They ought to have some kind of status/activation page you can go to and see what the progress is, maybe they do but I've not found it yet.

Anyone else had 3BB fibre installed and can tell me how long it takes to come online? Should I now be calling them up to ask what's the holdup?

Roland

Phone them at the call center but have our account number ready or they won't know anything and in my experience they won't be able to look you up either.

The 3BB number is 1530 from a mobile, I think you then press 9 for English language

Hi,

I just applied for the same fiber plan. Installed in aprox one week. At 10am arrived first team of workers to bring cable line (fiber) to my home. After 2 hours arrived second team to install the router and setup wifi etc. Before they leaved internet already works. I told me about 15mins and he wait till everyrhing works and test apeed togheter.

Good service and fast connection ... till now I'm satisfied. I'm in.cha am

I had the same installed as you about 9 months ago but only after I complaied on a regular basis over a period of 2 yrs did they finally upgrade from copper cable to fibre optic ...hub only 25metres away that they could have done from day 1 ...unbeliveable ! The only reason I got it was a friend moved into a house nr me & he got the new deal package hence I had facts to complain. I had to threaten them with going to Head Office & MD before action though...not a good outfit but have to say since fibre optic installation been fine.

So suggest you call their call centre & complain with passion as my set up was instantaneous [not 4 day bull] they may be able to sort your problem out frm there but may ned a visit from the awful engineers they have in Hua Hin plus go to their office nr BKK Hua Hin hospital & refuse to leave until the job is completed!

Sadly all the outfits in Thaiand are rubbish apalling after sales service & lack of english speaking fully qualified engineers...but this is a 3rd world country so patience ,although difficult at times is needed.

When we had our line changed over to 3BB fiber, it was on as soon as the installation was completed - same day. However, although, when working, the service was good, we got around 35 to 40Mb on a 30mb connection, we had a whole host of problems with outages and each time we had to wait 24 hrs for anyone to come fix it. There were outages for split cable, condensation got on the line, and a whole lot of other reasons why it went down. The reason for the 24hr wait every time? There was no machine in hua hin to fix the cable together so that had to wait for people from pranburi to come to do it. We were told though that they now have the machine in hua hin. We're with tot now after having moved house and the service is a lot better with far less outages. Service is always within */-6hrs from calling them and 1,200 baht pm for 25mb but this for cable not fiber.

I had the same installed as you about 9 months ago but only after I complaied on a regular basis over a period of 2 yrs did they finally upgrade from copper cable to fibre optic ...hub only 25metres away that they could have done from day 1 ...unbeliveable ! The only reason I got it was a friend moved into a house nr me & he got the new deal package hence I had facts to complain. I had to threaten them with going to Head Office & MD before action though...not a good outfit but have to say since fibre optic installation been fine.

So suggest you call their call centre & complain with passion as my set up was instantaneous [not 4 day bull] they may be able to sort your problem out frm there but may ned a visit from the awful engineers they have in Hua Hin plus go to their office nr BKK Hua Hin hospital & refuse to leave until the job is completed!

Sadly all the outfits in Thaiand are rubbish apalling after sales service & lack of english speaking fully qualified engineers...but this is a 3rd world country so patience ,although difficult at times is needed.

Lack of Thai speaking farangs is a huge problem here.Farang arragance to expect Thais to speak English because they are too lazy to learn beggars belief.Patience is certainly required,on behalf of Khon Thai,and they give us plenty.

Hello,

a silly question: what is it to have the fiber: benefits ?????

I'm 3BB and costs 631 Baht per month.

thank you very much

Faster. Up to 200 Mbps is available. Also lower latency in general.

3bb say they only provide the first 300 meters of cable from their box, anything over that I have to pay! I am 500 meters from the main road but no idea where there box is plus if I pay then the whole village gets the service for no extra charge!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been waiting 4 weeks now and still no damn service. A complete joke. I paid them more than 3000 baht A MONTH AGO and I still have no service. I'm giving these idiots until Tuesday and if it's not enabled I'm literally going to smash the box up and dump it in their office and tell them to rip everything out. Unbelievable

I have been waiting 4 weeks now and still no damn service. A complete joke. I paid them more than 3000 baht A MONTH AGO and I still have no service. I'm giving these idiots until Tuesday and if it's not enabled I'm literally going to smash the box up and dump it in their office and tell them to rip everything out. Unbelievable

Yep gr8 way to fix the issue

I went to the 3bb office and said I was cancelling as it had been four weeks, guess what they said they'd come the same day at 2pm. The guy arrived at 2 in the street messed with the box and after five minutes it all worked. So now it's working fine. Why did it take four weeks to carry out a five minute job?

• 2 weeks later...