What Happened to the Piyarom Sports Club? Closed?

TallGuyJohninBKK

Anyone know what happened to the Piyarom Sports Club out by BTS Punnavithi?

I'm seeing some mentions on the web saying it's been closed, and their prior website seems to have disappeared, and their prior phone number is disconnected.

But I'm finding no mention of the place having closed here.

I lived in this area from 2005-2007 and still have some matter in this area once in a while. The entire complex has been torn down several years ago already. I don't know what was the actual reason but could be that the lease term expired and the owners of the land had other plans.

Thanks Siam... Fyi, in looking around the web, I did find some info with people talking about having used the club there as late as 2014.... So I'm not sure it's been gone several years already...

However, also saw a lot of comments from different folks calling it one of the best fitness centers in BKK, at least in its time. I visited there in the past a bit for some of the restaurants and other things...but never gave the fitness part a thorough look.

Funny there's zero mention here on TV of it having been demo'd.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I live right nearby, and was really disappointed when they tore it down (only last year, actually, not several years). Was thinking about joining the club . . . great facilities, olympic-size pool, tennis courts, and not expensive compared to many othe places, just upwards of 3000b a month, a hundred bucks or so. A bunch of great restaurants and shops were torn down alongside it. Looks like part of that real estate bubble malaise that's sweeping Bangkok, big investors making big profits on condos and shopping centers, selling them immediately to speculators for big profits, and moving on to the next projects. I hate to see this. Great neighborhoods changing, some of them old and historic, too. Ah, brave new world.