Changklan fire

Chiengmaijoe

Area near Changklan cemetery .I think they have it under control . Although heard few explosions and saw a few flare ups before. Seems to have calmed down a bit

Edited by cmsally

Area near Changklan cemetery .I think they have it under control . Although heard few explosions and saw a few flare ups before. Seems to have calmed down a bit

From my estimate it was just beyond Panthip, so Chiang Mai cemetry, which is just past Butter is Better down the right fork road is about right.

As everyone knows, Chiang Mai cemetry is the dead centre of Chiang Mai.

The fire is at the cemetry on Pracha Samphan road, in the buildings directly opposite the CMFC shop, at the end of the soi almost opposite the Shangrila hotel.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe
  • Like 2

Report on CM108 of one woman found dead. Statements that she lived alone and liked lighting candles, drank regularly, and had fires at her home 3 times which neighbors put out in the past. This is a crude translation so don't rely upon it completely. The area had 30 cottages of basic construction, most likely meaning all wood and thatch style.

Just a correction -

The fire was at the side of the council crematorium, not the Muslim cemetery which is further up the road.

About a two minute walk from where I used to live, very nice and helpful people who live down that soi.