How young are you?

Stan42

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does this have to do with Thailand?

Because I suspect that Thailand has three categories of farangs:

1. Rich old white guys who live here, probably with a local wife.

2. Young adults in their 20s who live here short time teaching English while gaining "third World experience".

3. Tourists.

If you belong to neither of the three, I am really interested in hearing your reason for living in Thailand.

I'm none of the above. I live here because I like it here.

• 5 weeks later...

I am just an Italian/American that moves here 5 years ago because I was broke and Thailand is the cheapest country in the world, but also because I like beautiful women, and Thailand is the home of the most beautiful women I ever met..and I can have without spending any money.

Sounds unreal?

Well..... I was not sure about any of that when I moved to Chiang Mai, but happens exactly in the way I planed.

In almost 3 years I met and had relationships with many Thai women, so many, that I had to be careful and not to exagerate, for my health at my age, and my budget of 15000 thb/month for total living expenses. Finally, more than 2 years ago, I met a very beautiful, smart, and interesting 45 years old Thai woman, an English speaker independent professional, living alone in Phayao. We are married since, and having a very happy life, and now...also a small business together. Many plans for the future.

I still a young 70 years old.

2. Young adults in their 20s who live here short time teaching English while gaining "third World experience".

3. Tourists.

If you belong to neither of the three, I am really interested in hearing your reason for living in Thailand.

I suspect you have a limited range of acquaintances and a very narrow view of life.

As a student in my early 20s I started off as a tourist. At 23 I became a teacher and that led to several other jobs over the next 20 years. I was having so much fun I didn’t slowdown and get married until my mid-forties. Now I am a rich old white guy with a younger local wife but we have been together for 18 years already, if that says anything about the quality of our relationship and the irrelevance of our age difference.
The point being people change and don’t necessarily remain in one category forever. Trying to put people in boxes doesn’t make much sense to me.

young enough to be off to New guinea,for work this week,see you all in 6 months or so,no wifi where i am,going.

Sorry but didn't you say a little

while ago that you had so much

money, you'd never need to work

again? Yes, I think you did.

Another Mitty exposed

3. Tourists.

I suspect you have a limited range of acquaintances and a very narrow view of life.

As a student in my early 20s I started off as a tourist. At 23 I became a teacher and that led to several other jobs over the next 20 years. I was having so much fun I didn’t slowdown and get married until my mid-forties. Now I am a rich old white guy with a younger local wife but we have been together for 18 years already, if that says anything about the quality of our relationship and the irrelevance of our age difference.
The point being people change and don’t necessarily remain in one category forever. Trying to put people in boxes doesn’t make much sense to me.

My apologies. I didn't think things through. I just wanted to know how old the average TVF member is. Just out of pure curiosity.

young enough to be off to New guinea,for work this week,see you all in 6 months or so,no wifi where i am,going.

Another Mitty exposed

he said he doesn't NEED to work, doesn't mean he isn't working....I'm 53 and 4 months by the way

Another Mitty exposed

he said he doesn't NEED to work, doesn't mean he isn't working....I'm 53 and 4 months by the way

BS He does need to work.

He doesn't have a choice

Another Mitty exposed

BS He does need to work.

He doesn't have a choice

No actually i don't need to but i enjoy my stints over there,as i am out of Thailand,and in a different enviroment,also we have no personal wifi there,so i get a break from jerks like you,who think you know it all,i am sure you will come back with some froth laden response,but to be honest your a bore,and i am very happy i will no longer have to look at the garbage you put on here,not for 6 months anyway,toodle pip,and enjoy your noodles tonight.

BS He does need to work.

He doesn't have a choice

No actually i don't need to but i enjoy my stints over there,as i am out of Thailand,and in a different enviroment,also we have no personal wifi there,so i get a break from jerks like you,who think you know it all,i am sure you will come back with some froth laden response,but to be honest your a bore,and i am very happy i will no longer have to look at the garbage you put on here,not for 6 months anyway,toodle pip,and enjoy your noodles tonight.

Sounds like you're the one

with the froth laden response.

I'm not calling you names,

am I? Insult me all you like

but the fact remains that no

one on this forum talks up

their life in Thailand as

much as you do. You've been

exposed as a fantasist on too

many occasions to have any

credibility left.

Archived