Best supermarket in Seam Reap?

bobobo

Hi !

I'm going to stay in a village outside Sean Reap (about 3 hours drive) for about 3 weeks. No fridge.

Which is the best supermarket to get supplies for a falang. There's chicken and fish in the village.

Suppose it have to be cans or some dry food ?? And a bottle of Scotch will be fine..

Thankful for any piece of good advice..

This wont be particularly helpful but since you haven't gotten any other replies it will be something. I don't recall the name of the main street in SR, near "Pub Street" but on the main street I did notice several super markets and you should be able to locate them easy enough. Also you might want to post your question on khmer440.com Kind of like a TV website but for Cambodia.

You will probably get better replies there.

Edited by Spaniel

taking the turn off the main road (National highway 6) at the light ( either a block before or after the Caltex station depending on where ur headed from) and heading towards Pub street, on Phlauv Sivatha, the largest ( not sure what best means) is on your right

think its called luckys, same as Phnom Penh.

Siem Reap is reasonably well-served with decent supermarkets. Three of them, Lucky Supermarket, Angkor Market and Asia Market, are located within a few blocks of each other on Srivuttah Avenue (all on the right-hand side if you are coming into town heading towards Old Market and Pub Street). Although smaller than Lucky, Angkor Market probably has the best selection of Western food and imported goods,

There is also Chai San Hok on National Route 6 towards the airport and the recently opened Thai Huot near the Siem Reap Hospital.