farang night life in ubonrachtathani

ajm1943

But I'm here to tell you back during the Vietnam days when the U.S. Air Force was at Ubon Air Base the night life was great!!!

It was also a blast back in the Burmese-Siamese wars but that doesn't help our OP here.

"Mix" is a decent disco with western style music and thai live music. U-bar was also decent at the old location (haven't been at the new one). Any taximeter will know where to take you if you tell them "mix disco" or "u-bar". Sadly Ant/Gee has closed (or was closed like a month ago) when i went passed it.

Not far, a few hundred meters from Mix, there is a karaoke place (Starlight). About 2-300 meters from Robinson (which in turn is like 500? meters from Mix) towards Warin chamrap (basicly opposite Toyota shop at junction) there is a good open barish place (can't remember name) that close like 12-01. All of these place are either directly at Chayangkuun rd (main road) or just a short walk from the main road.

And there are dozens and dozens of "restaurantish/barish/pubish" place where you can sit and drink a few beers while listening to live music.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Mix" is a decent disco with western style music and thai live music. U-bar was also decent at the old location (haven't been at the new one). Any taximeter will know where to take you if you tell them "mix disco" or "u-bar". Sadly Ant/Gee has closed (or was closed like a month ago) when i went passed it.

Not far, a few hundred meters from Mix, there is a karaoke place (Starlight). About 2-300 meters from Robinson (which in turn is like 500? meters from Mix) towards Warin chamrap (basicly opposite Toyota shop at junction) there is a good open barish place (can't remember name) that close like 12-01. All of these place are either directly at Chayangkuun rd (main road) or just a short walk from the main road.

And there are dozens and dozens of "restaurantish/barish/pubish" place where you can sit and drink a few beers while listening to live music.

thanks all for the info, will look at u bar,& mix

Ubon is to spread out for me, we just stayed at the outside inn and we just eate in the restaurant every night which was good, but it was too far out to venture looking for other places in ubon.

Pib,

remember the "Play Boy Club" ??

spend many of burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRRx8h9ZhP6drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEEfKmimwR nigths there

and on the other side of town "The Corsair club and the Jaguar club" lived around the corner from those two

Yes Sir I do remember the Playboy. If I remember right and don't have my clubs mixed up, go out the main gate, turn right until you hit the main drag thru town, turn left onto the main drag, go a little distance, then turn right to the PlayBoy Club. Spent many of a night there. I remember those two other bar names but their exact location don't come to mind....so many bars...so many years ago. I lived off base in two locations...one not too far from the main gate and another one across the river on the far end of town...home was where the tealock (girlfriend) lived. I was in the 8FW (Avionics squadron)...oh, the memories...F-4s and C-130 Specter gunships. But, that's a time gone by...Ubon has got all respectable and quiet now.

Edited by Pib