Jackie Chan named Singapore's first celebrity anti-drug ambassador

webfact

Jackie Chan named Singapore's first celebrity anti-drug ambassador

8-5-2558-10-11-51-wpcf_728x413.jpg

SINGAPORE: -- Masagos Zulkifli, Second Minister for Home Affairs and Second Minister for Foreign Affairs, announced on Thursday that action movie star Jackie Chan is Singapore's first celebrity anti-drug ambassador, according to Channel News Asia.

Chan, in Singapore for the announcement, told the media that younger people “increasingly see drugs a a personal choice”, but the reality is one cannot experiment with drugs and not expect to be addicted.

“The only choice is to stay away from drugs,” he said. “Youths nowadays think drugs are fun – (but) it will hurt you. Not just that, it will harm your family as well. You will be a bad influence on your friends.”

This is not Chan’s first time being an ambassador for a cause. For example, he was the Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF in 2004.

“I have always supported anti-drug causes, even more so now because my own family member is a victim,” Chan said, referring to the fact that his son, Jaycee Chan, recently served six months in a China prison for drug offences.

When asked about his reaction to his son’s abuse of drugs, Chan said he was “shocked” and “ashamed” when he first found out.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/jackie-chan-named-singapores-first-celebrity-anti-drug-ambassador

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-08

Is the same man who's son was incarcerated for drugs?

the article said

...I have always supported anti-drug causes, even more so now because my own family member is a victim,” Chan said, referring to the fact that his son, Jaycee Chan, recently served six months in a China prison for drug offences.

When asked about his reaction to his son’s abuse of drugs, Chan said he was “shocked” and “ashamed” when he first found out.

I only presume he is doing this to encourage other young people to not repeat the same mistakes.

His son had a problem with drugs. Not Jackie Chan problem. He could preach to his son all he could but deft ears hears nothing. I know many important people who have drug problems. Pier pressure and having wealthy parents are the problem. Do not blame the parent for a child,s mistake! Love ya Jackie!

I was at an event that included Jackie Chan last Sunday night, on Sentosa here in Singapore.

It was a Charity event, his watch was auctioned for something like 400,000 SG$ !