Chaengwattana Immigration Yesterday

Chaengwattana Immigration yesterday (08.05.2015) was the busiest I've experienced, probably due to the number of public holidays this month. I've been here about 8 times previously doing simple TV extension. My 'usual' wait time is from 45-90 minutes.

13:15 arrived and I'm ticket 134 and queue is now at 44 -

This suggests that from 08:30 to 12:00 they were able to process 44 applications. In the afternoon they were doing approximately 16 per hour. Yeah, that's sixteen with two desks open

I was 134, arrived 13:15 and was processed at 17:45. Got my passport back at 18:45. There's were about 40 people still waiting either to be processed or to collect their passport after being processed.

fyi

Should have been there and ready to go in the moment they opened in the AM. You go in the PM, you can expect a long wait.

re-read what was posted -- yesterday was very unusual - at the rate of 16 applications per hour and if u arrived AM and if u do the maths, 90 people would have had to wait through lunch closing time and well into the afternoon

Should have been there and ready to go in the moment they opened in the AM. You go in the PM, you can expect a long wait.

re-read what was posted -- yesterday was very unusual - at the rate of 16 applications per hour and if u arrived AM and if u do the maths, 90 people would have had to wait through lunch closing time and well into the afternoon

I was there yesterday - Friday 8th of May - woke up at around six thirty, left the hotel after breakfast, and got to the govt complex at about 8.35, thanks to friday traffic. My ticket number was 24 and I left the building at about noonish, before the lunch break, with the stamp. At that time they were handling queue number J2 34. The waiting lobby was quite packed indeed, but not THAT packed. Are you sure we're talking about the same day?

Edited by jabis
  • Like 1

" My 'usual' wait time is from 45-90 minutes."

How is that even possible??? Going in the morning or afternoon doesn't matter, you're always faced with a 4 hour or more wait. Unless you come soooo early in the morning & queue up waiting for the doors to open?