Water Pumps

I am going to buy a water pump for the farm.

It is required to pump water from farm ponds onto the fields/paddies.

I have been looking at the Honda water pumps.

I looked on the Honda UK web site and came across these on the UK web site.

Honda WB20 and Honda WB30.

http://www.honda.co.uk/energy/waterpumps/compare/?code=WB20&code=WB30

I don't understand the pricing because in the UK it is GB500 = 25,000 bt but seeing it offered in Thailand for 12,000 bt

http://www.hardwaremart.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=133&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=4631&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=64&vmcchk=1&Itemid=64

That difference doesn't make sense to me.

Explanations?

Edited by Cashboy

i can only think that what you see in Thailand is not a genuine Honda yes it may carry the same livery or even made under licence im not saying that the cheaper pump is not good but up to you to look carefully even big brands do deals

i can only think that what you see in Thailand is not a genuine Honda yes it may carry the same livery or even made under licence im not saying that the cheaper pump is not good but up to you to look carefully even big brands do deals

I discovered that Honda pumps are actually made in Thailand for export; like Honda motorbikes up to 125cc.

The price of a Honda Water Pump WB30 appears to be around the 11,000 bt price looking at Thai web sites.

I therefore gather (hoping) that those are the deals of the big brands.

I look long term and Honda are generally reliable and importantly the spares are generally readily available.

You said that the farm is 20 rie cain and rice,will the Honda water pump provide enough water when you need it , and be man enough 1100 lt/ min, may sound a lot but a rice field needs a lot of water,and cain can need a lot to,never seen a Honda water pump being used for a rice field.

I do not know your setup ,but might one of those Thai water augers be a better be, Tor-Na in Thai,with the canvass pipe.

Most are powered by Kwie -Lec's, but you could fit a Honda engine on one ,that I have seen.

You said that the farm is 20 rie cain and rice,will the Honda water pump provide enough water when you need it , and be man enough 1100 lt/ min, may sound a lot but a rice field needs a lot of water,and cain can need a lot to,never seen a Honda water pump being used for a rice field.

I do not know your setup ,but might one of those Thai water augers be a better be, Tor-Na in Thai,with the canvass pipe.

Most are powered by Kwie -Lec's, but you could fit a Honda engine on one ,that I have seen.

This is a YouTube, I suppose advert, for the pump.

The requirements of the pump would be for pumping water out of ponds to a field and to take excess water out of rice fields similarly.

Cashboy: Different hardware stores or tool shops in Thailand are direct Honda Power products dealers and many other places you see genuine Honda are actually a store that buys from a 'direct Honda Power Products Dealer". So in Buriram City there are only two direct Honda Power Products dealers for genuine Honda brush cutters, Honda Water Pumps, Honda Power Generators, Honda lawn mowers. The other stores in Buriram who sell Honda Power products for a garden or farm actually buy from either of the two Buriram direct dealers or a direct Honda dealer in a different province. If you walked in with Thai baht cash to the same Buriram Builders merchants I bought my Father in law a Honda UMK435 four stroke brush cutter you could pay 7650 baht for the genuine Honda WB20XT water pump. You could pay 9600 baht for the genuine Honda WB30XT water pump. I paid 8500 baht for the genuine Honda UMK435 four stroke brush cutter. Often times a dealer will include hoses with the Honda Water Pump. Only certain sellers of Honda water pumps or Honda power products are actual repair stations for warranty repairs or after warranty repairs with genuine Honda parts.

post-20604-0-32107900-1431161656_thumb.j

post-20604-0-78465000-1431161963_thumb.j

Cashboy: Different hardware stores or tool shops in Thailand are direct Honda Power products dealers and many other places you see genuine Honda are actually a store that buys from a 'direct Honda Power Products Dealer". So in Buriram City there are only two direct Honda Power Products dealers for genuine Honda brush cutters, Honda Water Pumps, Honda Power Generators, Honda lawn mowers. The other stores in Buriram who sell Honda Power products for a garden or farm actually buy from either of the two Buriram direct dealers or a direct Honda dealer in a different province. If you walked in with Thai baht cash to the same Buriram Builders merchants I bought my Father in law a Honda UMK435 four stroke brush cutter you could pay 7650 baht for the genuine Honda WB20XT water pump. You could pay 9600 baht for the genuine Honda WB30XT water pump. I paid 8500 baht for the genuine Honda UMK435 four stroke brush cutter. Often times a dealer will include hoses with the Honda Water Pump. Only certain sellers of Honda water pumps or Honda power products are actual repair stations for warranty repairs or after warranty repairs with genuine Honda parts.

Thank you for that information.

How do I find the list of "direct Honda Power Product Dealers". The farm is in Kumpawapi - Udon Thani province.

By the way, after doing all the research on water pumps to conclude the best all round for the purpose was the Honda WB30XT because it would pump up to 1100 litres, had the 160cc engine etc. was told her father wants to buy a combined pump / generator like the neighbour that is only 7,000 bt. He has no idea of the make or output of generator etc etc but the typical sheep syndrome of these Thais is that is what he wants.

I was looking at buying the WB30XT water pump as it is designed to pump water and then later a 6.5 Kwatt Honda generator if it can run a good quality powerful MIG gas/electric welder.

After this latest fiasco, there will be no more capital expenditure unless I am there to manage the farm.

• 4 weeks later...

How do I find the list of "direct Honda Power Product Dealers". The farm is in Kumpawapi - Udon Thani province?

I am looking for the nearest Honda Direct Dealer for the pump WB30XT.

Can someone please tell me the nearest dealer to Kumpawapi that will sell this?

Or a link to a Thai Web site that can supply and deliver.

Thank You !

Do you have a link to Honda that lists these Honda Power Product dealers.

If possible the dealer nearest to Kumpawapi that will deliver this machine.

Another question; do these Honda Power Product dealers have the pipes and connectors for these pumps?

Thank you