Ice or Not? Should You Pay More for No Ice?

BookMan

Ice or No ice. That is the question  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I first came across this scam in America. I got a pint glass of juice which was filled with ice, stuck a straw in and had a couple of swallows,

then no more juice left. I have a thread running about this right now in the newsletter.

Instead of no ice I say NitNoi ice and they check with me on the amount and usually fill the cup....win - face - win.....so far.....

Only had one problem and that was asking for no ice so changed it to NitNoi....

The time I did have the problem was CM BK....after I pointed out I was buying Coca Cola - like their sign said - NOT ice they filled the cup.....

Drinks used to be really cheap in LOS, so I could see charging more for no ice, but they have gotten much more expensive, so it is usually a rip-off now.

Ive tea used to be 5 or 10 baht, but now 30 or 40 baht for the same size.

I order a bottle of water with a glass of ice. I don't let them open the bottle. Once I've finished my meal, sufficient ice has melted for me to flush down my meal with 2 gulps of ice water. I then kindly return the unused bottle and have it subtracted from my bill.

No you shouldn't but we do, once in Thailand all I ever got was buckets of ice with say a bottle of water, last trip I had to ask many times for ice and quite a few times bottled water turned up room temperature .......what's going on?