Self-employed looking for business visa

I'm a self-employed American with a U.S. based company and I'm looking to expand into Thailand in my field (financial services). I've been looking at visas, and it seems the non-immigrant visa b "business" visa is ideal for me.

I've got the list of paperwork/documents required, and I shouldn't have a problem getting any of them. However, I was wondering if anyone else is self-employed and gone through this and can maybe give me some advice on what pitfalls to avoid, shortcuts, etc.

Thanks!

From the minimal info you have provided..... Not possible.

Also.... The "b" does not stand for business..... There is no business visa. Students use "b" visas as well.

Nonsense.

Non Immigrant Category 'B' Visas are for Business and Work, students normally can and do use Non Immigrant Category 'ED' Visas.

You also need a non immigrant category 'b' visa for a WP to be issued.

See Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs Visa Web Site link below:

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

Note that self employment is not well recognised for foreigners in Thailand, hence the comments in some of the posts above.

You would need to set up a formally registered business here or work for someone to get a Work Permit.

Work in Thailand without a WP and you are liable to arrest, imprisonment, fine, then deportation and black listing.

Edited by digitalchromakey
  • Like 2

The non-immigrant visa category B (non-B visa for short) is the correct visa for you if you intend to travel to Thailand for the purpose of discussing business with persons in Thailand on behalf of a company located outside Thailand.

• Like 1