Facebook complaint prompts shop to remove popular tomyam noodle

Thaivisa News

Bangkok:- An old restaurant near Chulalongkorn University has decided to discontinue a popular supersized tomyam noodle menu after a Facebook user complained that she had to wait over one and a half hour for it.

Following the complain, the Sister Oh Restaurant, which has been operating for years and which is located on Charas Mueang Road in Pathumwan district, decided to remove it from the shop’s menu.

The dish is called “Oh Ho! Mama”. Oh ho is the Thai exclamation while Mama is a Thai brand of instant noodle.

The supersized bowl of instant noodle was served in tomyam or spicy soup toppled with big pieces of pork chop, sliced fried pork, sea foods and raw eggs as well as sliced lime and cilantro.

post-87022-0-33881400-1431309902_thumb.j

[Photo credit: Manager Online]

Earlier, the restaurant sold the dish only after 11 pm. The shop is opened from 5:30 pm to 1 am. The shop reasoned that the dish was served only after 11 pm because the owner’s husband cooked it himself as he was free to do it at that hour.

The shop also warned that the menu took time to make because the owner’s husband put his love in doing it and he put a lot of efforts and details in each dish.

But recently, a Facebook user, Nhunat Phitinunt, cried foul after the one hour and a half wait for the dish.

Nhunat said it was unjustified for instant noodle to take that long to be cooked. She said she noticed patrons at other tables were also waiting so the shop should improve its management.

Following the complaint, the shop posted on its Facebook wall that its patrons can no longer order the dish from the menu. But those who can wait may be able to call the shop and reserve limited number of dishes in advance.

I thought the idea of instant noodles was that you made them yourself. I wonder if Miss Einstein ever thought of leaving after waiting... say, 15 minutes. The owner shouldn't take the item off the menu, she should just refuse to serve stupid people!

post-174926-0-88829400-1431312520_thumb.

Rather than seeking a more creative solution to a perceived problem, I've found that this "removing from the menu" is a not uncommon reaction in the Thai business world.

A few years ago I tried to buy more of the same items I had previously bought from a big hardware store only to be told that they no longer stocked them. When I enquired why they had stopped stocking such popular items I was told that "it make too much problem for staff"!

Withholding noodles from the public is a serious offense against Returning Happiness to Thai People.

Using highly refined Thai analytical skills, I have deduced that the internet is the cause of calamity. Clearly, if there wasn't an internet, this would of never occurred.

Solution?

It is bad enough having to put up with all the duplicated and repeated sub headlines as you are having trouble to fill the pages, now you are presenting garbage stories as these. Come on TV lift your game, we are your income stream.

The owner and his staff have gone native. Criticism may lead to you being taken off the menu.

Rather than seeking a more creative solution to a perceived problem, I've found that this "removing from the menu" is a not uncommon reaction in the Thai business world.

A few years ago I tried to buy more of the same items I had previously bought from a big hardware store only to be told that they no longer stocked them. When I enquired why they had stopped stocking such popular items I was told that "it make too much problem for staff"!

So that's why all the popular and sought after items in Lotus and BigC are discontinued after a while, taken off the shelves, I see....

Withholding noodles from the public is a serious offense against Returning Happiness to Thai People.

Using highly refined Thai analytical skills, I have deduced that the internet is the cause of calamity. Clearly, if there wasn't an internet, this would of never occurred.

Solution?

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

heh heh!, yep must be True!! - a Thai appliance powered from a Wall lighting circuit

I thought the idea of instant noodles was that you made them yourself. I wonder if Miss Einstein ever thought of leaving after waiting... say, 15 minutes. The owner shouldn't take the item off the menu, she should just refuse to serve stupid people!

I think it's perfectly justified to complain about having to wait 1.5 hours for a noodle dish.

Also, instead of acting like an injured child, the owner should have apologized on his FB comment, instead of acting with what appears to be spite.

Meanwhile I would have been gone after waiting 30 minutes, if not sooner.

This is the root of a lot of problems in Thailand They just don't get it that the customer is always right.

"it makes too much problem for staff"

What a joke. If you are a retailer then the backbone of your business is the customer not the staff. Staff stays working at a job for less than a year at best at a lot of Thai businesses.

Who cares if it causes a lot of problems for the staff. Wake up Thailand this is a consumer world not a world of staff members.

<Snip> A Facebook user complained that she had to wait over one and a half hour for it. <Snip>

Nhunat Phitinunt the fearsome keyboard warrior.

No guts!!!

Have a problem in a restaurant - what's wrong with saying something whilst they are still in the restaurant?

Thai logic, turn a minor nothing into an international event!

Expletive deleted.

It is bad enough having to put up with all the duplicated and repeated sub headlines as you are having trouble to fill the pages, now you are presenting garbage stories as these. Come on TV lift your game, we are your income stream.

The owner and his staff have gone native. Criticism may lead to you being taken off the menu.

Oh no, not again, I'm getting bored at continually having to bypass their system to get back on again.

Seems an entirely rational decision to make. and it gives you an opportunity to bash Thai businesses from your in-depth perspective.

Having to listen to customers whine about noodles or hardware is probably not worth it. Not everyone puts a few extra baht before having a pleasant work environment. Apparently the noodles are still available to people who want to order them under the cooks conditions. Most likely the staff at the hardware store enjoy the absence of chronic complainers and may even find the item in question in the storeroom for favored customers.

Life is about more than a marginal additional baht or two.

The legendary Seinfeld character "the Soup Nazi" (based on a real person) was a hero to many because he only sold soup to people who complied with his preferences. If you wanted things done your way, you were told ...

soup_nazi_large.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

Khun Nhunat also posted on Facebook that she had never been laid in her life and was climbing the walls. Phone calls from any male with a pulse from 16 to 90 were more than welcome as sitting on the washing machine as it went through it's cycle was losing its appeal.