Officials and Thai soldiers to be compensated for service during martial law

webfact

Officials and soldiers to be compensated for service during martial law
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wonsuwan will seek Cabinet approval for government officials and state employees of the Defence Ministry, including soldiers, to be remunerated for their service during martial law, a source said yesterday.

The period in question went from May 20 last year to April 1.

"The objective is to boost the morale of officials who work in dangerous zones and risk their lives,'' it is stated under the proposal.

There were no details on whether the proposal covered remuneration for police officers who worked in areas where martial law was imposed

Police Commission General Somyot Poompanmuang on Sunday said he would seek government approval for police to be remunerated.

He said he would submit the request this week to Prawit, who is also overseer of the Royal Thai Police.

Somyot said police received this privilege when martial law was imposed in 2006.

Police officials have asked the Cabinet about the policy on privileges for service during martial law.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Officials-and-soldiers-to-be-compensated-for-servi-30259865.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-12

Amazing Thailand..... If you do your job you get a bonus and if your 'inefficient' you get moved to the inactive post department. Discover Thainess.

A bonus is a fairly standard thing in the Thai workforce. Mine last year was 4 months salary.

Amazing Thailand..... If you do your job you get a bonus and if your 'inefficient' you get moved to the inactive post department. Discover Thainess.

A bonus is a fairly standard thing in the Thai workforce. Mine last year was 4 months salary.

Having worked with over 40 Thai owned/run companies, I have never come across a 'bonus' scheme where you was rewarded for just doing your job. Incentive based bonus schemes are common place the world over.

Congratulations on securing a job where you get paid 16 months salary for 12 months work.

You have got it all wrong and don't understand how the system works, the wages are crap and then they pay you extra for time they think you contributed to the organisation. In your case you were only worth-full input was 4 months. I do not know if you are Thai or not, but you are not thinking like one.

The soldiers and officials who helped take away democratic liberties from the Thai people now want to get a bonus paid by the Thai people for taking these liberties away.

standard operating procedure.

Spot on!!

First you void constitutionally cast votes by staging a coup, and now you want the voters to reward you for services provided.........................coffee1.gif

Supporters of Mr P please defend this one!!

You have got it all wrong and don't understand how the system works, the wages are crap and then they pay you extra for time they think you contributed to the organisation. In your case you were only worth-full input was 4 months. I do not know if you are Thai or not, but you are not thinking like one.

How do I have it wrong ?

The bonus is standard practice with all business's I know, granted they are all multinational manufacturing so outside of this industry it may be different.

Iam not Thai but an expat in a mid level managerial role with a remuneration package to suit.

The soldiers and officials who helped take away democratic liberties from the Thai people now want to get a bonus paid by the Thai people for taking these liberties away.

Spot on!!

First you void constitutionally cast votes by staging a coup, and now you want the voters to reward you for services provided.........................coffee1.gif

Even Costas are quiet these days, you can't defend the undefendable.

How do I have it wrong ?

The bonus is standard practice with all business's I know, granted they are all multinational manufacturing so outside of this industry it may be different.

Iam not Thai but an expat in a mid level managerial role with a remuneration package to suit.

Sorry but in the civil services the bonus structure are stipulated and this going outside of the civil servants code. They are paying people that did dangerous work ? How many soldiers or officials died doing their duty inline with the martial law ? NONE so how can it be dangerous. The poor buggers fighting the war in the south will be excluded, but they are the only ones that face real danger on a daily basis. Lets add up all the freebies the civil servants got thus far, the change in the pension scheme = B billions, pay rise in double digits (way above the inflation rate), free/subsidised holidays (for 300 000 civil servants), an extra 5 days paid holidays so far and now bonuses on top of normal bonuses.

When I read this I had the imaginary vision of the 'noses in the trough' associated with the previously elected and appointed politicians. Now it's the turn of the unelected military to gorge on taxpayers money for merely doing no more than their usual jobs. Contrast this with the plight of the farmers who are suffering because of the suspension of planting further rice crops. All hail to the driver of the latest gravy train! Same SOP, only the faces ever change here in LOS.

Spot on!!

Even Costas are quiet these days, you can't defend the undefendable.

I see rubl skulking around the periphery. Might not be long now...

My dad told me just before he passed away, "Son, any right wing government's first rule of thumb is to keep the armed forces and the police happy, as they know they will eventually need them". He was referring to a politician in the 1980's who I will not mention.

Never forgotten that.

clap2.gif HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! Lets dig into the coffers that are usually filled with the tax-payers monies.

What about compensation for small businesses, locals and expats and even some tourists that were disturbed by the martial law.....can we get compensations as well please.wai2.gif

Don Mega. I'm willing to net that these were not in reality Thai owned business but probably Japanese owned who do give very substantial bonuses to their workforce. My girlfriend gets 4 months salary bonus every year and her brother usually gets around 10 months salary bonus. Both of which are Japanese owned businesses.

Don Mega. I'm willing to net that these were not in reality Thai owned business but probably Japanese owned who do give very substantial bonuses to their workforce. My girlfriend gets 4 months salary bonus every year and her brother usually gets around 10 months salary bonus. Both of which are Japanese owned businesses.

The company I work for is Thai owned, the other company is USA owned.