'Thousands of boat people in dozens more camps'

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

An operation of this scale could not have escaped the attention of the authorities. Makes you wonder how deeply involved they were?

Exactly. Especially with the amount of Armed forces stationed in that part of Thailand

----------------------------

I'm not trying to deny that their must have been involvement of Thai authorities but surely such a process could not have happened without the active help of the Myanmar and the Malaysian governments also.

It couldn't have ben going on as long as it has without the help of all three governments in the area.

Not ministers and PMs obviously but local government officials , Police , Immigration

Seriously? huh.png

Being that these crimes crossed borders and into international waters, and obviously had the collusion at some level of local governments, I wonder if there's a case to be made to haul the perps off the the Hague, where a few zillion baht won't buy a suspended sentence for crimes against humanity?

I am really glad to hear this...as something is being done while a whole lot more still has to be done to correct this situation.

However, we all know it will continue to go sideways in many respects as there is money to be made by so many people from the smallest player up to the King Pins who profit from the ongoing human dilemma.

This will not be corrected the way we all hope for with a sudden stop to all this profiteering resultant of human misery.

Cheers

Provocative intro':

Is it not that human nature is such that people in Rome who don't do as the romans do risk being rejected from Rome? Should it be otherwise; should anyone be able to 'carry on' as they wish (anachy)? Shouldn't Muslim spiritual leaders join in organising the evacuation of Muslims from where they're not wanted to Muslim countries where they can live happily ever after, denying human traffickers the chance to exploit their dire situation? Or should non-Muslim countries take them in and add their numbers to those already present there who will not do as the Romans do?

The impossibility of the situation:

Rich Muslim countries if they're not, alternatively, going to attempt to take over the country their brothers are being rejected from, could do this; why don't they? If they've enough resources to wage or back war, they have enough to evacuate their fellow believers. It appears that any Muslim faction is not dissimilar to any other peoples in that it wants its own way. Muslims, of course, are not united - various interpretations of the Quran make this impossible and Infidel countries want no part of it because of how it can be and is interpreted to the detriment of their own set of cultural traits which have led to their laws, constitutions, ways of life and world views so Musim will opose Muslim and non-Muslim will oppose Muslim ad infinitum.

If you adhere to an interpretation of a book based on the verbal revelations by God to the prophet, Muhammad over a period of appx. 23 years between 609&632CE to which your parents adhere or adhered and don't adhere to the principles of democracy, Human Rights including free speech and the equality of women then what control (checks & balaces) do you have over your leaders (Mullahs, extremists and militants), surely, in effect, you're in their hands!

The inevitable outcome:

It looks to me like 'never the twain ...', like it must ultimately end in Muslim and non Muslim states. The push by Muslims for Muslim states within a state is evident in e.g. the U.K. & Thailand. As it seems to be that this is where Muslims and non-Muslims agree (or eventually will have to), that such is the Muslim faith (as discussed above) that Muslim and non-Muslims conclude that each should have their own states. Effectively that means that existing states give over part of their state to Muslims or expel Muslims from the state. Myanmar has chosen expulsion.

Ponderings:

If it wasn't for indoctrination (with menaces-apostasy), Muslims might eventually think, 'wait a minute, maybe we shouldn't believe this, think of the trouble it's parturitated'. So, I wonder; if all the Muslim leaders from all the factions denounced indoctrination (with menaces-apostasy) and stated catorgorically that all and any subjugation of human females was illegal and contrary to the Muslim faith, would that end he dilemma or would that be the end of Islam.

Let me just get that straight: we are talking about the South, right?!

Daily explosions, killings of teachers and monks and Muslims as well...terrorism...insurgence all around.

Am I wrong, or shouldn't this be the best monitored area in the whole country?

Military on super- high alert?

...and still they want to tell me, that NO ONE ...EVER...noticed dozens of illegal camps, full of thousands of illegal Rohingha-slaves?

How dumb do they think, the rest of the world is?

Am I wrong, or shouldn't this be the best monitored area in the whole country? Military on super- high alert?

Who do you think is allowing these things to happen, the answer is in your comment! whistling.gif

Let me just get that straight: we are talking about the South, right?!

Daily explosions, killings of teachers and monks and Muslims as well...terrorism...insurgence all around.

Am I wrong, or shouldn't this be the best monitored area in the whole country?

Military on super- high alert?

...and still they want to tell me, that NO ONE ...EVER...noticed dozens of illegal camps, full of thousands of illegal Rohingha-slaves?

How dumb do they think, the rest of the world is?

Am I wrong, or shouldn't this be the best monitored area in the whole country? Military on super- high alert?

Who do you think is allowing these things to happen, the answer is in your comment! whistling.gif

It should be well monitored, and if the military is remotely competent there are records and reports of daily activities--when patrols went out, where they went, and what was reported back. It would be very interesting to check the records of patrols in the areas these camps were found in. If there are no records of patrols in any of these areas, it would be very interesting to learn why.

Somehow I suspect these records are unavailable for unconvincing reasons.

I suspect that patrols consist of a twice daily bimble down the road in a pick up truck. Foot patrols through mountainous jungle terrain, moving silently, alert for any other presence, out for 5 days or so, overnighting in jungle patrol bases...no I don't think so, lets just get in the pick up and bimble down the road.