Phuket Expects Over 250,000 Swedish Tourists

george

The TAT in Phuket expects over 250,000 Swedish tourists to visit Phuket during this year’s high season

PHUKET: -- Talking from her previous experience stationed at TAT’s Stockholm office in Sweden, Ranjuan Thongrut, the new Assistant Director for the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Phuket office, anticipates around 254,000 Swedish tourists visiting Phuket.

About 80% of packaged tours are already reserved.

Airlines or direct flights play prominent roles in this busy travel market. At present Thailand’s national carrier provides direct flights from Stockholm to Bangkok 6 times per week with plans to increase to 7 in November.

Some other charter flights will also resume their services this high season.

--thaisnews.com 2006-09-09

• 2 years later...
The TAT in Phuket expects over 250,000 Swedish tourists to visit Phuket during this year’s high season

PHUKET: -- Talking from her previous experience stationed at TAT’s Stockholm office in Sweden, Ranjuan Thongrut, the new Assistant Director for the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Phuket office, anticipates around 254,000 Swedish tourists visiting Phuket.

Airlines or direct flights play prominent roles in this busy travel market. At present Thailand’s national carrier provides direct flights from Stockholm to Bangkok 6 times per week with plans to increase to 7 in November.

Many people from my country should se more of Thailand than Phuket.

The TAT in Phuket expects over 250,000 Swedish tourists to visit Phuket during this year's high season

PHUKET: -- Talking from her previous experience stationed at TAT's Stockholm office in Sweden, Ranjuan Thongrut, the new Assistant Director for the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Phuket office, anticipates around 254,000 Swedish tourists visiting Phuket.

Airlines or direct flights play prominent roles in this busy travel market. At present Thailand's national carrier provides direct flights from Stockholm to Bangkok 6 times per week with plans to increase to 7 in November.

The TAT in Phuket expects over 250,000 Swedish tourists to visit Phuket during this year's high season

PHUKET: -- Talking from her previous experience stationed at TAT's Stockholm office in Sweden, Ranjuan Thongrut, the new Assistant Director for the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Phuket office, anticipates around 254,000 Swedish tourists visiting Phuket.

Airlines or direct flights play prominent roles in this busy travel market. At present Thailand's national carrier provides direct flights from Stockholm to Bangkok 6 times per week with plans to increase to 7 in November.

Good news for Phuket, that's why I have ordered 300kg frozen lingonberries :o .

Gerd

Sorry, the computer glitched as I entered a reply.

Bengt, I see many of your countrymen and women in Koh Lanta, so be sure that they do travel to other parts of the country.

Good news for Phuket, that's why I have ordered 300kg frozen lingonberries :o .

Gerd

..and don’t forget the many different types of pickled herrings. The one’s in jars look like the leftovers from a major surgical operation and the tinned types are in tins because once opened they stink worse than 5 day old Som Tam.

I tried the pickled herrings with mustard, when I was over in Stockholm once and it wasn’t too bad, but I dunno, I prefer me fish freshly cooked and warm. Not a patch on home-made chips ‘n gravy, though.. :D

<br />im sure what will happen is that they will FLY in to phuket and head straight up to khao lak.<br />

Hi Donna,

I am curious as to why you would think that? I do business in Khao Lak, Phuket and Krabi and know firsthand (as my uncle lives in Stockholm)that the Swedes have been pretty down on Khao Lak since the Tsunami. A bunch of Swedes were killed in Khao Lak hotels.

They tend to head south after a few days in Phuket, Koh Lanta is has become very popular for them.

i just assumed thats where they would head to huggy. it was beautiful before the tsunami and it still is, so why would they not go there? theres the memories i guess but i dont think that would stop me.

wherever they do end up going, i hope that the area has the 1000 or so rooms a week for them. thats great news for phuket and the surrounding area.

I really think they will mix it up, as they're been prone to do in the past few years. Some will stay in Phuket. Some will go to Kao Lak. Some will go to Krabi.

The effects on Phuket island proper will be not so great I believe.

i just assumed thats where they would head to huggy. it was beautiful before the tsunami and it still is, so why would they not go there? theres the memories i guess but i dont think that would stop me.

wherever they do end up going, i hope that the area has the 1000 or so rooms a week for them. thats great news for phuket and the surrounding area.

Hi Donna,

from what my uncle tells me, everyone in Sweden knows somebody or is one removed from somebody that died in Khao Lak, so they are a bit down on the place. You're right it is nice there for sure, and I agree this is good news for Phuket overall.