Trying to gain some local information

robin4977

Please could someone help me we are looking at flying out in November and potentially renting a villa they will be a group of 6 all couples trouble is we can not decide best area for us too stay been looking at rawei but unsure how far from some local shops restaurants small bars ect we are not looking at anything like patong nightlife as can go there one night for the experience but do not want to be isolated to the villa also most importantly how much would a local taxi cost say to kata beach or to the airport as I am guessing that is what we will be using for transportation don't fancy a scooter after reading some of the posts on this forum and could anyone tell me I personally want to try the local street food would I need to be in patong for this ? And one last question how much would say a standard meal cost in a restaurant on average also a bottle of beer I know a lot of questions but if anyone can help I really would appreciate it

Sprinkling some , and . might make your posting a bit more readable and is likely to create more helpful answers than this one.

Rawai sounds like a good choice, but are you looking for a villa housing 6 couples? That would be a huge place. I don't believe objects like this are rent by short term contracts.

Check airbnb and flipkey for Kata. I have friends that rent villas in this area every year and it has everything you're looking for as far as street food, walking distance to restaurants, bars, beaches etc. If you have a decent budget, Katamanda would work for you.

Abt 1500 - 2000 baht/ day for amid sized vehicle and driving is easy on Phuket, cheaper for a little Honda City or something.

The island is pretty small and easy to drive around so you could stay Rawai or Naiharn or Kata or over around Surin, BangTao, or Laguna. I prefer Cape Panwa myself but that's just a personal choice. If you get the vehicle it doesn't matter where you stay.

Meals vary depending on where you eat..anyway from 50 baht to 500 plus per person depending on whether you eat on the street, local restaurant, western restaurant or hotel...it's hard for someone to give a figure. Just accept that you will have price options. Same with booze..price per drink depends on where you want to drink.

Taxi cost information. Taken from website.

A metered taxi stand is located outside of the Phuket airport main terminal building of the far right as you exit the terminal.

The average fares from Phuket airport are; Phuket Town 400 baht, Patong 550 baht, Kata/Karon 600 baht plus a 100 baht airport surcharge. The trip will usually take approximately 30 minutes to Phuket, 40 minutes to Patong Beach, and around one hour to Kata/Karon.

http://www.phuketairportonline.com/public-taxi-service/

Last time I used a taxi airport to Patong was 700 baht which included the 100 baht surcharge.

Edited by gaztop08