Reward offered for tips on attack of American teacher

Thaivisa News

The O,P. states that the youngsters "cut in front of him" , which is normal driving in Thailand .

He then states that the youngsters did this deliberately .

Did the youngsters cut in front of him deliberately to cause a confrontation or were they just driving in a wayward manner .

If the felang wouldnt have reacted and just smiled, shrugged his shoulders and kept driving, there would probably have been no escalation .

Or even better if the scum who stabbed him had acted in the same manner when he swore at them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The O,P. states that the youngsters "cut in front of him" , which is normal driving in Thailand .

Did the youngsters cut in front of him deliberately to cause a confrontation or were they just driving in a wayward manner .

If the felang wouldnt have reacted and just smiled, shrugged his shoulders and kept driving, there would probably have been no escalation .

Or even better if the scum who stabbed him had acted in the same manner when he swore at them.

Or even better . No one drinks and drives and everyone drives their bikes in an orderly fashion obeying the highway code

Or even better . No one drinks and drives and everyone drives their bikes in an orderly fashion obeying the highway code

I'd agree with that. Especially as no one is being blamed for being stabbed.

Its quite easy to avoid confrontations with Thais .

Generally, yes.

Most negative encounters will come from bars, booze, and/or Thai women, or a combination of them all. Avoid them, and you'll avoid 99% of the risk.

The other 1% comes from random attacks, such as being attacked by your taxi driver over a fare dispute, beaten by BTS security because you're carrying a balloon, or kids wanting to recreate a video game beating and you just happen to be in their sight. It happens when you least expect it, and unfortunately, they are always the ones with a weapon, be it a stick, knife, brick, or firearm.

I would be first in line if Thailand permitted foreigners to get a concealed firearm permit (never gonna happen). The locals would think twice about randomly attacking foreigners if they started getting shot. And yes, I'm American, I love guns. :-) Received my first shotgun as a child at the age of 10, and have owned firearms my entire life. Thankfully, I've never had to use one in self defense, but I fully support our right to do so if needed.

Please, NOT Americans going on about their love of guns again !!!!!

Shooting four kids dead after being abusive to them is the reason why you should nt be allowed to carry a gun around with you

The majority of gun owners are responsible. The media always blows things out of proportion. Yes, people get shot, but I bet more people died in auto accidents today caused by drunk driving than they did violent gun crimes. Ban alcohol too?

Guns are not the problem, just as cars, knives, and alcohol are not a problem. People are the problem.

This thread is "Reward offered for tips on attack of American teacher" and has turned into "Tips on how to attack a potential attacker by arming yourself with a weapon". So in the end it will be turned around into "Reward offered for tips on attack of Thai teenagers".

In Thailand the culture of confrontation is dangerous. Don't confront people. Problem solved. You don't need a knife, knuckle duster,etc. You need to let it go and move on. PEACE