Teaching Jobs In Phuket

bangkok country gal

Hi there Phuketian's,

Can anyone inform me of my chances of getting a teaching job somewhere in the Phuket area?

I am currently working in Bangkok....a volunteer from Australia working with the Thai government, looking at environmental aspects of the thai national school curriculum.

I love Thailand but need to get out of Bangkok and closer to the beach and fresh air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am currently studying to be a science teacher however i am not yet qualified....so i guess that is a useless piece of information - ha.

Also i am a native english speaker which i know is a big requirement for many teaching jobs.

If anyone can assist me with some contacts/websites/etc i will be very grateful.

P.S phut thai daay nii noy kah!!

Happy Songkran!!! :o

Hi there Phuketian's,

Can anyone inform me of my chances of getting a teaching job somewhere in the Phuket area?

I am currently working in Bangkok....a volunteer from Australia working with the Thai government, looking at environmental aspects of the thai national school curriculum.

I love Thailand but need to get out of Bangkok and closer to the beach and fresh air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am currently studying to be a science teacher however i am not yet qualified....so i guess that is a useless piece of information - ha.

Also i am a native english speaker which i know is a big requirement for many teaching jobs.

If anyone can assist me with some contacts/websites/etc i will be very grateful.

P.S phut thai daay nii noy kah!!

Happy Songkran!!! :o

How far into your science degree are you ?

What is your present visa category ?

Are you working in the Education Ministry ?

Try the Rajahbats.. they are always on the lookout for native speakers.. usually a BS or BA will do it.. Look the part, dress the part, and you'll be golden.. Usually, you can find former volunteers working in the department. The private schools, well that is a shot in the dark.. as you know.. the private school do tend to overindulge the kids. Cheers and good luck

Dr Pat Pong,

I have a Bachelor of Science in environmental management.

I am currently studying my Diploma of Education (science) via distance education. I have completed 5 of the 8 subjects required to complete the course.

Currently i have a 2 year working visa - however if/when i resign from my current position as a volunteer i will lose this visa status.

I currently work under the Ministry for Environment and Natural Resources in the Environmental Education Section.

It's a bit of a tough decision to quit my current job as i am lucky to have a two year visa. However, i find the Government system rather frustrating and i feel my skills are not being used efficiently here, also and i am not particularly enjoying the Bangkok lifestyle.

Any help will be appreciated!!! Do you currently work in Phuket?

Regards

Belinda