Best meal deals in town where they feed you well with quality under 300 baht?

Jingthing

KOREAN RESTAURANT

in the same mall in North Pattaya off 2nd road that contains the Bibimbap chain.

There are actually four Korean restaurants in this mall.

The Bibibimbap chain, a BBQ across from it, a Korean sushi place and the place I am talking about called KOREAN RESTAURANT further into the mall opposite ANEGO JapanSese restaurant.

Sorry man

Can you give a bit better directions , Soi, name, number, mail Name ?

big, small place ? landmark near by ? totally lost on this, Google was the usual 20 pages of <deleted>.

Thanks. wai2.gif

Sure.

There is a Burger King on the corner of this newish open air mall ... it's not a soi. You walk in to it, no vehicles.

North of Big C a bit, south of North Pattaya road, beach side.

The sign in English just says KOREAN restaurant. Don't confuse it with the other Korean places in the same mall. It's in the back of the mall on the right hand side walking in from 2nd road.

Thanks .

Got the area now. will check it out next weekend wai2.gif

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had lunch at Tiggle Bitties this week. The ruben was very good. Seemed to have a pretty good menu. It's on Soi 17 between 3rd road and Thepprasit.

I also like Caddy Shack for their fish and chips. And it has aircon!

I'm new to Pattaya and thought that reading this forum would lead to some great places to eat. Instead I find it's just almost impossible to get anyone to stay on topic, provide a coherent submission, and not be filled with off topic diatribe. WOW indeed!

I know a great Khao Soi Gai place for 40B, but not in Pattaya.

Also know a great Nam Ngiaw place with congealed pig's blood for 30B, but it's not in Pattaya, either.

Also know a incredible fish noodle soup for 30B, but alas, not in Pattaya.

Also know a fantastic Pad Thai Haw Khai place for 35B, but unfortunately, not in Pattaya.

Why is it you live in Pattaya again, 555?

TAEK LAEW DEE ( i think thats what you call it ) foodland , pattaya klang. best value for food i have had in pattaya ( ever ) very good hygiene and service.

IRISH ROVERS only good for breakfast , i can never finish it ( ever ) 99 baht. 2 eggs,bacon,2 sausage,2 toast,beans,potatoe,tomatoe,tea,orange.

KISS FOOD . only good now for salads, deep fried pork salad and tuna salads for 85 baht.

i used to go to robins nest soi dianna , jollies ,soi buakao and the seaside soi chaiyapoon but all their prices have really increased maybe by a third so i never go there now. i can eat better food for less back home in my country than pay their prices.

when long term and not in holiday mode i eat only at roadside noodle stands , my favourite is bottom of soi buahkao outside 7-11 kao mann gai . 30 baht.

Edited by dirtycash

The Coins Soi Buakow. Roast dinners and specials mostly English food but does Thai food as well. Excellent quality even mint sauce or English mustard! Specials everyday around 150 baht average. Full English Fat Barstard breakfast served all day only 149 baht.

Allen the owner did run 18 Coins across the road but moved his operation and all his staff last January.

I'm new to Pattaya and thought that reading this forum would lead to some great places to eat. Instead I find it's just almost impossible to get anyone to stay on topic, provide a coherent submission, and not be filled with off topic diatribe. WOW indeed!

welcome

MENUET BAR ON TUESDAY NIGHTS (on the turn towards jomtien beach before shenanigans) 199 baht all u can eat texas bbq ribs, pork chops , bbq chicken,,salads ,,beans and more

issan restaurant on pattaya tai (no name at green sign (right after yellow dear sign,,,on left side heading towards sukumvit) every dish 80 baht (was on third rd by soi 17)

mr moos jomtien (thai food excellent and, some farang food ) behind the bars on corner in jomtien 2nd road (was at the kiss food location in jomtien moved a few years ago) 3 can eat for 300 baht with water

If you are willing to travel over to the Darkside you will find "Suggestions" restaurant, they offer a daily 3 course set menu from Tuesday to Sunday 11.30am to 4pm I think. 3 Starters, 3 Mains and 1 Dessert. Fixed price of 250 Baht. Quality restaurant, with aircon and good service. The meals are excellent. If you want to find reviews on restaurants in Pattaya I find the best 2 Facebook sites are Thailand Wine and Dine, or Pattaya Restaurants, both give real customer reviews with honest feedback. Some even provide location maps. Now if your original post had included Buffets then Akvavit and News Steak and Grill, both towards Jomtien would have been serious contenders on the list. If you prefer to stay closer to Central Pattaya then thou may consider Cherrys on 3rd road.

You may be better looking into some face books groups, that the admins keep on track, Pattaya Restaurants (be careful there are 2, 1 is commercial, the other is regular, and Thailand Wine & Dine. Both give honest reviews and photos of eateries in and around Pattaya.

Sad to see so many posters seem to think they will try and be clever on this thread which would be more interesting but for them.

Cabbages and condoms. This is by far the best restaurant in Pattaya for me. I know the name of it is not appealing and for that reason I did not try it until I was taken there by friends. There is a short and interesting walk from the entrance to the beach side restaurant. I was going to describe it more but here's 1 picture from their website. The food is mostly Thai and cooked a little bit different than usual. It got a WOW from me for the food and the bill.

http://www.cabbagesandcondoms.co.th/

post-148255-0-52931300-1431663017_thumb.

Sad to see so many posters seem to think they will try and be clever on this thread which would be more interesting but for them.

Cabbages and condoms. This is by far the best restaurant in Pattaya for me. I know the name of it is not appealing and for that reason I did not try it until I was taken there by friends. There is a short and interesting walk from the entrance to the beach side restaurant. I was going to describe it more but here's 1 picture from their website. The food is mostly Thai and cooked a little bit different than usual. It got a WOW from me for the food and the bill.

attachicon.gifcabbages and condoms.jpg

One of my favourite local haunts, perfect place for a family dinner or a date. Beautiful views and a fairly varied menu. The food costs are reasonable but the ++ puts me off a little. The Chaing Mai Chicken (Khao Soi Kauy) excuse my spelling is fantastic. Like a curried noodle soup with chicken and crispy noodles on top.

I know a great Khao Soi Gai place for 40B, but not in Pattaya.

Also know a great Nam Ngiaw place with congealed pig's blood for 30B, but it's not in Pattaya, either.

Also know a incredible fish noodle soup for 30B, but alas, not in Pattaya.

Also know a fantastic Pad Thai Haw Khai place for 35B, but unfortunately, not in Pattaya.

Why is it you live in Pattaya again, 555?

As JingThing has already stated ''This isn't so much about Thai food.' - so thats one of the reason we all live in Pattaya

TAEK LAEW DEE ( i think thats what you call it ) foodland , pattaya klang. best value for food i have had in pattaya ( ever ) very good hygiene and service.

IRISH ROVERS only good for breakfast , i can never finish it ( ever ) 99 baht. 2 eggs,bacon,2 sausage,2 toast,beans,potatoe,tomatoe,tea,orange.

KISS FOOD . only good now for salads, deep fried pork salad and tuna salads for 85 baht.

i used to go to robins nest soi dianna , jollies ,soi buakao and the seaside soi chaiyapoon but all their prices have really increased maybe by a third so i never go there now. i can eat better food for less back home in my country than pay their prices.

when long term and not in holiday mode i eat only at roadside noodle stands , my favourite is bottom of soi buahkao outside 7-11 kao mann gai . 30 baht.

Irish Rover now 129b for breakfast - new change of ownership

Set meals (as opposed to buffets) might fit the criteria here. For example, Indian thalis. Sadly have not had an Indian thali in town where I think Wow plus how do they do it (neither actually). Also platter meals. Such as at the Lebanese restaurant on 3rd road (and also in the beach mall) they have a large vegetarian salad platter for 350 baht. I like it but I don't feel very satisfied with it. Feels like it needs some falafel balls at least to make it more complete.

2 series replies, although you wont think one of them is.

Indian Thali which always makes my taste buds go wow - be careful of this green sauce... I like it so much I drank some from the serving bowl when nobody was looking and paid for it later - its soooo strong - but lovely

I went out for dinner and had this veg thali which was 150b - water 20b

Punjabi Tadka - 2nd Road close to Sun City Hotel - Central Pattaya

thali.jpg

Rioja Gentleman's club - hard to find, see below.

Located just off Soi Watboonkanchana (or known locally as Soi Watboon cos of the wat at the end of the road) - turning near a big 20 baht shop, heading down WatBoon towards Sukumvit, the turning is on the left at the big 20 baht shop - before this, keep on going past the Tesco lotus on the right, and the market on the left - about 300 meters is the 20b shop - go left here. Rioja is about the 2nd or 3rd turning on the right down this road.

Free Sunday lunch if your bill is 300b - I got there on the only Sunday I had been and the lunch was cold, but still actually tasty - very good gravy (cold! I know) - I'd like to know what time it starts. I am off the beer right now, but maybe back on it by this coming Sunday :(

I hear the alcoholic drinks are not too expensive - I got 2 soft drinks (coke and a water), 1 lady drink, 1 free Sunday lunch, 1 bar fine and a tip... total bill = 1560b including TIP

So with no lady stuff - you could possibly be drunk and get a free Sunday lunch - parrrp.

JT, you might not end up spending as much as me I think if you were to go!

Domicil, on 2nd. rd. just North of Central Mall has several dishes at/near 300 B that would make most people happy and Casa Pascal, ( too expensive for dinner for me), has a really nice am, unusual buffet, ( special fresh breads/cakes/brewed coffee ) at about 225 B. When I am just winging it I go to Apex, AM buffet 110 B for several cups of good coffee, some cake, conversation and smoking at the table ! - it is about Soi 12 on West side of 2nd. rd.

This thread is all over the place. We even have a guy prompting free cold gravy?

Indeed it is.

But as stated in the OP, again please, no BUFFETS!

Buffets get covered here all the time ... really a separate topic area.

You really can't have a normal thread in here without everyone derailing it, can you? The question was about meal deals for under 300 Baht! The Thali guy probably has got it right but why are people even mentioning some pricey Austrian restaurants where "several dishes are near 300 baht"? That's not a deal at all!

Also, questionable service (canteen feeling) at questionable prices (Took le Dee in Foodland, KISS restaurant) also certainly isn't a deal!

@Jingthing: Can you please describe where is that Lebanese restaurant on 3rd road? Do you mean the one just after the overpass?

Robins nest in bukhao comes to mind great sunday lunches all you can eat and their breakfast the same all you can eat, price was reasonable but long time ago b4 i met thai lady who doesnt eat farang food so don't frequent now.

Taken over earlier this year-prices have risen substantially yet quality has gone downhill.....I don,t go in anymore whistling.gif

woop,s sorry I was refering to Jollies on soi Bukhaow..........Robin,s nest is on soi DIANA Brit_Doggie thumbsup.gif

Edited by petermik

attachicon.gifcabbages and condoms.jpg

Last time I was there, last week, my bill was 2100 baht

ok was for two people and a few beers !!!! , but a good feed for under 300 baht, is pushing it a bit.

But its a real nice place, and great food.

Edited by onemorechang

Sunday roast at Oscars on Ban Amphur beach (northern end). Home made soup (try the pumpkin) included and always a well prepared, filling lunch/dinner. Choices of pork, lamb, chicken or mixed all under B300 with the full monty of what you'd expect with a roast.

They also do draft Leo.

...no wonder you are all....er....hefty

@Jingthing: Can you please describe where is that Lebanese restaurant on 3rd road? Do you mean the one just after the overpass?

Yes that is correct.

Lebanese Palace Restaurant.

The sister restaurant at the beach mall is called Cedars.

I think the main 3rd road location is better and also more fun.

http://lovepattayathailand.com/restaurant/lebanese-palace-restaurant/

Honestly a full meal there (often a mix of mezze plates) will generally run over 300 per person but staying under 500 is easy.

I mentioned the vegetarian "salad" mezze platter before at 350 because it definitely has the WOW factor when it arrives, but the "how do they do it" not so much.

You need to order Arabic bread separately. They don't call it pita. It is very minimal and for spread type food you definitely need more than one at 10 baht each.

Edited by Jingthing