Cooking apples

nabbie

As Bramley apples are really only grown in the U.K. I would suggest you ask someone to bring for you when visiting.

Sorry my Granny Smith suggestion was greeted with disdain and will refrain from further suggestions.

sad.png

As Bramley apples are really only grown in the U.K. I would suggest you ask someone to bring for you when visiting.

Sorry my Granny Smith suggestion was greeted with disdain and will refrain from further suggestions.

sad.png

The Granny Smiths suggestion is a valid one in the absence of Bramley apples.

Iv used Granny Smiths for apple pies and baked apples since Iv lived here, very nice too.

sad.png

The Granny Smiths suggestion is a valid one in the absence of Bramley apples.

Iv used Granny Smiths for apple pies and baked apples since Iv lived here, very nice too.

LeungKen / BillPhillips, thanks for your kind suggestions. I agree Granny Smith is probably the best substitution but maybe little expensive. I used to buy the Bramley apples at the market between Chalong & Phuket Town a few years ago but today I can not find them now. sad.png However I am forced to make the "mixed" mango crumble instead. It turns out to be delicious. thumbsup.gif