Grand Condotel

Tammi

Still looking for a home. Does anybody have an opinion on Grand Condoltel? Right on the beach. But it's old - maybe the first condo to be built in Pattaya area?

Nobody knows anything about this place? Maybe that's a good sign. Will take another look at it.

But have heard not so nice things about Dongtan Beach upon which Grand Condo is situated.

Still looking for a home. Does anybody have an opinion on Grand Condoltel? Right on the beach. But it's old - maybe the first condo to be built in Pattaya area?

Nobody knows anything about this place? Maybe that's a good sign. Will take another look at it.

But have heard not so nice things about Dongtan Beach upon which Grand Condo is situated.

I had a friend who lived there and I thought the complex was quite nice with a good location and security although not friendly if you must use baht buses. His unit add an unusual floor plan which I didn't like and was in the low-rise section. He had some water leak issues and came home from vacation and found the condo association had authorized a contractor to cement-over his skylights!

I see very few re-sales for this complex which must say something. Curious what not so nice things you've heard about Dongtan Beach?

I had a friend who lived there and I thought the complex was quite nice with a good location and security although not friendly if you must use baht buses. His unit add an unusual floor plan which I didn't like and was in the low-rise section. He had some water leak issues and came home from vacation and found the condo association had authorized a contractor to cement-over his skylights!

I see very few re-sales for this complex which must say something. Curious what not so nice things you've heard about Dongtan Beach?

A man and wife in their 60s told me they were bug eyed watching the gay men and when the gays needed to cool off (or be more amorous) would go into the sea. Not the kind of beach I would go to. :o Pity when folks can't behave properly in public.

I rented a house there for 14 months around 4 years ago. Don't know so much about the condos but the rest of the area is nice. Heard they had some problem with security after I moved but it was very safe when I lived there.

Very close to the beach and perfect location if you like walking (no cars on beach). The negative is all the fat old guys with young boys on the beach but if you don't mind to much they wont bother you.

Can recomend Grand Condo for the location on the beach.

A man and wife in their 60s told me they were bug eyed watching the gay men and when the gays needed to cool off (or be more amorous) would go into the sea. Not the kind of beach I would go to. :o Pity when folks can't behave properly in public.

Yes, this section of the beach is popular with gays. I've never witnessed any inappropriate conduct there. If being around gay people bothers you this may not be the location for you. On beach behavior, I think it is inappropiate for women to parade down a public beach with their breasts exposed but I just keep my thoughts to myself.

Edited by ThaiBob

Yes, this section of the beach is popular with gays. I've never witnessed any inappropriate conduct there. If being around gay people bothers you this may not be the location for you. On beach behavior, I think it is inappropiate for women to parade down a public beach with their breasts exposed but I just keep my thoughts to myself.

Being around well behaved gays doesn't bother me. Behaviour in public places and restuarants (!)

that is more suited to the privacy of one's home does bother me. Do these guys think that we enjoy seeing them feel up each other.

Being around well behaved gays doesn't bother me. Behaviour in public places and restuarants (!)

that is more suited to the privacy of one's home does bother me. Do these guys think that we enjoy seeing them feel up each other.

I agree inappropriate conduct both gay and straight in public is in poor taste. Living in Pattaya requires a higher tolerance level.

HI Tammi,

My friend lives in the Grand Condotel complex, but in one of the bungalows not in a condo, many people have now their put property up for sale, due to the large Condominium that has been built right next doors, and has detracted from the views , also the site has been there for many years now and some buildings are showing signs of wear , also getting in and out of the complex security gates can be a problem due to the main security gate looks stright onto the Main cross roads,

which makes getting in and out at busy times very dangerous.

The security company has been changed several times, and yes if you go through to the back of the comlpex , you can go through a security gate ( with an electronic swipe card ) and you are then stright facing ther beach and all the sights !!

hope this helps , if you want the condo mangers tel No , just PM , me ... Mumbo

Many thanks to you all for your replies - much appreciated. Grand Condo certainly has a great location right on the beach. And huge private balconies - bigger than a lot of studios. But too bad about the View Talays so close. But a lot of plants should block and the rest of the views can't be blocked, unless, of course, the powers that be say hi-rises can be built closer and closer to the beach. Hard to decide. Like what I hear about La Royale and it will be managed by CBRE, I believe. Hear that Grand Condo has a Residents Interest Group. Do other condos have this too?