Foreigners can own houses for 100 years in Vietnam

webfact

No one said anything If you are now allowed to own property for 100 years then once you want to sell it it goes to 0 years again for the new foreight buyer.

Not a bad loophole.

So said that ther is no real way of owning property here in Thailand. And what is scary is lets say you are married to Thai and you are 65 and have been with your Thai wife for 30 years in the same house here in Thailand because it was in her name.

Then she dies You now have ony 1 years to vacate the house because you have no rights. This is so draconian so imature its laughable. Thailand must make progress in real estate for foreign ownership. They are afraid that if foreigners are allowed to own property that it will push out some Thais. This is not true

If you restrict foreigners to owning property then must live in then you stop speculation

So THAILAND what are you affraid of

Most foreigners marry Thai females who are a third or even half as young as them. So the odds are pretty good that the wife will not die first.

Thanks Brer Fox for putting this story straight.

I guess I will be a snow bird and see Thailand when I can for a few Winter months each year.

I may be interested in owning a condo in the future, but for now I do not want to stay for

more than a few months when I can afford to. I do want to visit Vietnam, but my Vietnamese friend

says to wait for a while longer before trying to hope for a good life in Vietnam. he says that he

still is afraid to go back even to visit. He told me of the horror he lived before escaping Vietnam to come live in Canada.