Hospital overpriced for farangs

edd

The health ministry says that private hospitals over charge foreigners.

Well Queen Sirikit hospital (Thai Naval hospital) has a sign in the entrance area saying

Foreigners pay 50 % more than Thais

How Do they justify that.!!!

Do you pay into the Thai social insurance scheme?...

No I dont personally but presumably you know how to though so could you furnish me with any details or application process so that I can take advantage of the "Thai social insurance scheme"

I dont mind paying a reasonable premium

On the basis that you know about the "Thai social insurance scheme" could you tell me a little more for instance , what proportion of the Thai population pay into this "scheme"

No I dont personally but presumably you know how to though so could you furnish me with any details or application process so that I can take advantage of the "Thai social insurance scheme"

On the basis that you know about the "Thai social insurance scheme" could you tell me a little more for instance , what proportion of the Thai population pay into this "scheme"

No farang is going to get on the 30 baht scheme. Go to any of the 3 private hospitals in Pattaya and you are looking at being soaked,the 2 others nearby will be cheaper,then there is the state hospital.

Other alternatives Penang Island hospitals are way cheaper,India is excellent too for pre-planned medical care

The general assumption in Thailand is that "farangs can afford to pay more", and this is applied pretty much across the board.

Dont bother looking for any logic in it as there isnt any.

Another popular Thai assumption is that farangs who dont like anything Thai can $%!! off back to their country. That one has a bit more logic in it.

I woke up one morning with a sore elbow. Thought I had slept on it funny. By the next day I couldnt lift my arm to wash myself without severe pain. GF took me to the local hospital. Turned out i had an inflammed tendon. Got an ati inflammatory shot and a prescription of paracetamol and declofenac. 120 THB all in. We live in a small town in the North. Not sure if a foreiger would get this in the city.

Posted Today, 19:56

go.png

The health ministry says that private hospitals over charge foreigners.

Well Queen Sirikit hospital (Thai Naval hospital) has a sign in the entrance area saying

Foreigners pay 50 % more than Thais

How Do they justify that.!!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Only 50 % more than THai at Queen Sirikit ! Thos sound good ! to me !

And the jhospital is "honest" in telling people up from !

think the scheme is for working thais not farangs

No farang is going to get on the 30 baht scheme. Go to any of the 3 private hospitals in Pattaya and you are looking at being soaked,the 2 others nearby will be cheaper,then there is the state hospital.

Other alternatives Penang Island hospitals are way cheaper,India is excellent too for pre-planned medical care

I was being a bit facetious in my reply to Tolsti, its obviously gone over the heads of those who took my post seriously

There was and still is a possibility that "farangs with a yellow book" will be able to take advantage of the Thai government hospital system cheaper pricing as they did some time ago.

I asked if I could take advantage of the cheapo payment version recently when I broke my leg in 5 places and the hospital cashier said that it is currently being considered to be on again but not yet sir.

Oh well back to the drawing board

Edited by n210mp