Thai nightclub rules

fitnesspm

This has happened twice now. I'm sitting down with my friends and we are told to move while we having a good time. I didn't move and was nearly thrown out by bouncers, I said I will move once I finish my drink. I was causing no trouble. This happen at Seduction on Bangla.

Last night at Hollywood, the same thing. I was drinking with my friends and told to move, we nearly all punched on...

Can't u sit down in a club in Thailand and drink with your friends??? Do you have to stand where they only allow Thais to sit down?

Someone fill me in on the rules cause I think this is a cultural thing I don't have a clue with!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me think about the system in Paris, in downtown café's a coffee, beer or whatever costs more when you sit down instead of stand in front of the counter. But I have never heard of any such system in Thailand.

Makes me think about the system in Paris, in downtown café's a coffee, beer or whatever costs more when you sit down instead of stand in front of the counter. But I have never heard of any such system in Thailand.

And inside or outside makes a difference. Come to think of it....at home you pay more if you sit in the lounge than if you sit in the bar...

In SE Asia especial in Thailand, Cambodia and to an extent Laos, if someone who is hi-so comes and the place is full, they get someone who is less hi-so to move. Nothing you can do but grin and bear it. I have heard about such behaviour in golf clubs, bars and other places. If you don't comply, you run the risk of getting beaten up by the bouncers as you are making them lose face in front of their boss and you are making their boss lose face in front of the hi-so person/people.

This is really quite simple. At both of those clubs, the seating at tables is considered VIP and bottle service. If you want to buy a bottle (some times you have to buy 2) you will get a table. It really is the same as clubs in Vegas, NYC, London, Rio, Hong Kong, Singapore etc...

I brought a date to Maggie Choos one night back in January on a Saturday night, we walked in,the place was packed, the host walked us over to a nice table in front of the band,2 Thai guys we're sitting there, the host asked them to leave the table, that was the first time this has happened to me in my life and I've traveled all over the world. My date thought it was cool, I was disgusted.

If the OP would run aan own pub or disco he could understand the policy of that club. A beer or a coke you can drink even you are standing anywhere..... but if you come with friends and wanna open a bottle of Whisky and Champagne then you need and expect a table and a place chair where you can sit.

I had my own discotheque a few years ago and I had the same problem. Some customers come to drink only 1 beer all night but they blocked my chairs and tables while other customers who came to celebrate with friend, buying whisky bottles, ordering food etc cannot find a table. I also asked those guys to move, coz it was my business to make money! Is that so hard to understand?

Can you speak in English!

In Australia, u sit down and it's your spot unless you leave and someone can take it!

Its not austrailia.. I take it you havent travelled..

In Thai clubs.. Same as in vegas, most us clubs.. Same as in some clubs in europe...etc etc.. when you buy a bottle and mixers you are also paying for a table, depending on how much you pay sometimes you also get a table goon / butler / security.

Edited by LivinginKata
Inflammatory remarks removed

If the OP would run aan own pub or disco he could understand the policy of that club. A beer or a coke you can drink even you are standing anywhere..... but if you come with friends and wanna open a bottle of Whisky and Champagne then you need and expect a table and a place chair where you can sit.

I had my own discotheque a few years ago and I had the same problem. Some customers come to drink only 1 beer all night but they blocked my chairs and tables while other customers who came to celebrate with friend, buying whisky bottles, ordering food etc cannot find a table. I also asked those guys to move, coz it was my business to make money! Is that so hard to understand?

Which is probably why you don't have a disco any more. If i was sitting down and having a drink anywhere and some grubby mean spirited owner asked me to move i would just walk out and never go back.

First newbie mistake...do not take Australian rules to Thailand...you will find no sympathy from the Thais or people on Thai Visa Forum...

When in Thailand...go with the flow...it is called Thainess...become one with your hosts and surroundings...

If you want to make money you should take care of all your customers. If your attitude is that you are in business just to make money your customers won't be coming back.