What Bus Company Do You Use In Thailand?

ldnguy

Do you have a favorite bus company? This one looks great - (DELETED). Are there any similar ones? Looks like Thailand is heading in the right direction if more bus companies like this start up.

Edited by seedy
link to website

In most cases there is hardly a choice. There is NO national bus Comp as such (lik the Greyhound in Us or Nat.Express in UK) and most are local small enterprise teaming up in some from with the BoKoSo. For local routes out of BKK the standard will be much, much lower anyway.

"Nakhonchai Air" Ditto to that. They have some great VIP buses with individual entertainment systems and very comfortable seats.

Sombat is another pretty big chain that is pretty reliable.

More important, NCA has well maintained busses, properly trained and well behaved drivers, speed limiters and always 2 people in front of the bus.

Looking at some of the rubbish you see on the roads here, busses where the front wheel follow a track 30 cm apart from the rear wheels, driving at 130 km/hr...

How about the Dreaded 407 to Seka (Isaan) or Anywhere , I was on that bus for 17 hours, broke down every 10 min.an absolute trip from Hell, I had to wrap a blanket over my head to enter the piss pot, and u know how often those blankets are washed, Never...

"Nakhonchai Air" Ditto to that. They have some great VIP buses with individual entertainment systems and very comfortable seats.

Sombat is another pretty big chain that is pretty reliable.

I agree what everyone says about NCA safety and reliability. But I have to disagree with you about comfort on the brand-new Chinese made SUNLONG buses which are replacing the Mercedes fleet.

I have travelled NCA a great deal over the last eight years without any complaint whatsoever but unfortunately the individual entertainment systems mean new designs for the seating. The new seats merely slide down at the push of a button within a plastic module ( which obviously includes all the associated cabling and paraphernalia for the entertainment system ) and in my humble opinion is now nowhere near as comfortable to Gold class on their Mercedes fleet. because there is less legroom.sad.png

Edited by Asiantravel

I use 999 they have seats that give you a massage. And lower level sits only 12 people If memory serves me right and air con always works,so is quite comfortable.. Plus I get 25 baht coupon for food when they stop to eat.

I use 999 they have seats that give you a massage. And lower level sits only 12 people If memory serves me right and air con always works,so is quite comfortable.. Plus I get 25 baht coupon for food when they stop to eat.

. Well that 25baht food ticket Sold me, 55555565

I would not set foot on a bus here for free.

How do you get around the country? Do you have your own transport or do you get taxis? Sometimes there isn't much of an alternative.